Medicine Overview of Tobram Eye Ointment
Uses of Tobram Eye Ointment
Side effects of Tobram Eye Ointment
Nausea, Noisy breathing, Oral fungal infection, Rash, Thoracic pain, Chest pain, Chest tightness, Shortness of breath, Cough, Dizziness, Dry eye, Gastric pain, Fungal infection, Headache, Hearing loss, Coughing up blood, Liver toxicity, Hoarseness of voice, Increased saliva production, Loss of appetite, Mouth ulcer, Tongue ulcer, Ringing in ear, Sore throat, Weakness, Increased sputum production.
How to use Tobram Eye Ointment
How Tobram Eye Ointment works
In Depth Information on Tobram Eye Ointment
Expert advice for Tobram Eye Ointment
- Do not use tobramycin if you are allergic to it or any other component in the formulation.
- Driving and using machinery should be avoided in cases where tobramycin usage causes dizziness or eye drops cause blurring of vision.
- Do not mix or dilute your tobramycin with any other medicine in your nebulizer.
- If you are taking several different treatments for cystic fibrosis, you should take them in the following order: bronchodilator (e.g. salbutamol), then chest physiotherapy, followed by inhaled medicines, and then tobramycin.
- Do not use contact lenses when on treatment with tobramycin eye drops.
- If you are using more than one eye drop, keep a gap of at least 5-10 minutes between two different eye drops.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: neuromuscular disorders such as parkinsonism, myasthenia gravis (characterized by movement disorders and/or muscle weakness); coughing up blood in your sputum; kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever experienced in the past: ringing in ears, any other problems with hearing, dizziness while taking tobramycin.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function.