Medicine Overview of Obra Eye Ointment
Nausea, Noisy breathing, Oral fungal infection, Rash, Thoracic pain, Chest pain, Chest tightness, Shortness of breath, Cough, Dizziness, Dry eye, Gastric pain, Fungal infection, Headache, Hearing loss, Coughing up blood, Liver toxicity, Hoarseness of voice, Increased saliva production, Loss of appetite, Mouth ulcer, Tongue ulcer, Ringing in ear, Sore throat, Weakness, Increased sputum production.
This medicine is for external use only. Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the tube close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the tube and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
Obra eye ointment is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Obra Eye Ointment
- Do not use tobramycin if you are allergic to it or any other component in the formulation.
- Driving and using machinery should be avoided in cases where tobramycin usage causes dizziness or eye drops cause blurring of vision.
- Do not mix or dilute your tobramycin with any other medicine in your nebulizer.
- If you are taking several different treatments for cystic fibrosis, you should take them in the following order: bronchodilator (e.g. salbutamol), then chest physiotherapy, followed by inhaled medicines, and then tobramycin.
- Do not use contact lenses when on treatment with tobramycin eye drops.
- If you are using more than one eye drop, keep a gap of at least 5-10 minutes between two different eye drops.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: neuromuscular disorders such as parkinsonism, myasthenia gravis (characterized by movement disorders and/or muscle weakness); coughing up blood in your sputum; kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever experienced in the past: ringing in ears, any other problems with hearing, dizziness while taking tobramycin.
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Obra Eye Ointment is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Obra Eye Ointment is safe to use during lactation.
udies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
Obra Eye Ointment does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Obra Eye Ointment should be used with caution in patients wi
th kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Obra Eye Ointment may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Obra Ey
e Ointment in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Obra 0.30% Eye Ointment
Q. Is tobramycin a sulfa drug or penicillin antibiotic?
No. Tobramycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic used to treat Pseudomonas infections and other serious infections in patients (6 years and older) with cystic fibrosis
Q. Does tobramycin treat styes, Pseudomonas, pink eye, staphylococcus and methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Tobramycin/dexamethasone combination can be used to cure pink eye and styes, which are superficial eye and eyelid infections. Tobramycin treats Pseudomonas infections however it is not drug of choice in the treatment of staphylococcus or MRSA
Q. Is tobramycin safe for infants?
No. Due to high propensity for kidney and internal ear damage, tobramycin shouldn't be given to infants
Q. Is tobramycin over the counter?
No. Tobramycin belongs to schedule H and can be obtained only on production of valid prescription
Q. Is tobramycin the same as ofloxacin?
No. Tobramycin and Ofloxacin belong to different class of antibiotics, and are used to treat different sets of infections.
User Submitted Feedback For Obra 0.30% Eye Ointment
Patients taking Obra Eye Ointment
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Obra Eye Ointment: Health Arx Technologies Private Limited, Amishi Consumer Technologies P Ltd, Organic India Private Limited, Delhi Cryogenic Products Pvt Ltd, First Step Digital Pvt Ltd, Gupta Homoeo Pharmacy Pvt Ltd, Natures Velvet Lifecare, Organic Wellness Products Private Limited, RK Sons, Pills Tree Super Pharmacy, Melting Pot Concepts Pvt Ltd, Zywie Ventures Pvt Ltd, SBL Pvt Ltd, Lifecare Chemist (PAN India), Satyog Enterprises Pvt Ltd, Ghantakarn International, Aashirwad Agency, Airveda Technologies Pvt Ltd, Fit and Glow Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Keshav Homeo Home, Radicura Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Perfect Nutrition, Jiva Ayurvedic Pharmacy Ltd, Sharma Traders, Bright Lifecare Pvt Ltd, Delhi Vendor, Maximaa Systems Ltd, Swadeshi Ayurved, Sri Jain Pharmacy, Inlife Pharma Pvt Ltd, Herbolab India Pvt Ltd, Ayush Enterprises, Priya Entreprises, Gallop Trading Company, Planet Ayurveda, Life aid Homeopathic and ayurvedic store, Emmbros Overseas, Makvis, Herboveda India, Hexagon Nutrition Pvt. Ltd., Rusan Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Delhi Distributors, BestSource Nutrition Private Limited, Biomed Distributors, Star medicare, DF Pharmacy Ltd, Do You Even Gym, 9 to 9 Farmacia, The Medicine Mart, Bantom Laboratories P Ltd , 9to9 Farmacia (South), Madhu Medicos, M/s R&G Healthcare (Delhi), OHMS GROUP, Adret Retail Pvt. Ltd.