Medicine Overview of Obra Eye Ointment
Side effects of Obra Eye Ointment
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Skin rash, Hearing loss, Balance disorder (loss of balance).
How to use Obra Eye Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the tube close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the tube and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Obra Eye Ointment works
Obra Eye Ointment is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Obra Eye Ointment
Expert advice for Obra Eye Ointment
- Do not use tobramycin if you are allergic to it or any other component in the formulation.
- Driving and using machinery should be avoided in cases where tobramycin usage causes dizziness or eye drops cause blurring of vision.
- Do not mix or dilute your tobramycin with any other medicine in your nebulizer.
- If you are taking several different treatments for cystic fibrosis, you should take them in the following order: bronchodilator (e.g. salbutamol), then chest physiotherapy, followed by inhaled medicines, and then tobramycin.
- Do not use contact lenses when on treatment with tobramycin eye drops.
- If you are using more than one eye drop, keep a gap of at least 5-10 minutes between two different eye drops.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: neuromuscular disorders such as parkinsonism, myasthenia gravis (characterized by movement disorders and/or muscle weakness); coughing up blood in your sputum; kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever experienced in the past: ringing in ears, any other problems with hearing, dizziness while taking tobramycin.
Obra Eye Ointment related warnings
Special precautions for Obra Eye Ointment
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Obra Eye Ointment is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Obra Eye Ointment is safe to use during lactation. Human st+more
udies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Obra Eye Ointment does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Obra Eye Ointment should be used with caution in patients wi+more
th kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Obra Eye Ointment may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Obra Ey+more
e Ointment in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Tobramycin, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Obra Eye Ointment
Frequently asked questions about Tobramycin
Q. Is tobramycin a sulfa drug or penicillin antibiotic?
No. Tobramycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic used to treat Pseudomonas infections and other serious infections in patients (6 years and older) with cystic fibrosis
Q. Does tobramycin treat styes, Pseudomonas, pink eye, staphylococcus and methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Tobramycin/dexamethasone combination can be used to cure pink eye and styes, which are superficial eye and eyelid infections. Tobramycin treats Pseudomonas infections however it is not drug of choice in the treatment of staphylococcus or MRSA
Q. Is tobramycin safe for infants?
No. Due to high propensity for kidney and internal ear damage, tobramycin shouldn't be given to infants
Q. Is tobramycin over the counter?
No. Tobramycin belongs to schedule H and can be obtained only on production of valid prescription
Q. Is tobramycin the same as ofloxacin?
No. Tobramycin and Ofloxacin belong to different class of antibiotics, and are used to treat different sets of infections.
User Submitted Feedback For Obra Eye Ointment
Patients taking Obra Eye Ointment
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 2
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Obra Eye Ointment. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Obra Eye Ointment: NDP, SHP, HGI, BTM, PEN, IPL, NVY, TRP, SDM, NNH, PNT, SAT, RPP, BMJ, ATP, WSI, EMB, JVO, RSS, LCC, CLT, GTC, SHD, SWA, GPP, HRV, RHL, PPR, RKS, AAY, USF, SBL, GTK, AAR, OLT, JVN, MMS, NVL, SRG, ZVP, RSA, MLC, BIO, DLP, SAF, EQN, BDN, DDR, GPT, BBS, SJP, GBL, HBV, HEX, OWP, FGH, RJH, KHH, SHM, MAX, SYN, SHS, GNC, UMP, HAT, ENP, RUS, OHM, SCH, PVP, MAK, MPC, ADT, WLC, BSN, AVN, JMJ, MAM, ATL, PLT, INC, RHW, SBA, 9T9, HIP, SVH, AMR, DYG, AGT, IAD, PWN, HMP, DFP, MSD, DPP, STA, DHR, THP, OIP, SSA, JIV, ARD, PTI, SWP, NWP, AYU, DPL, LHA, MOM
Substitutes for Obra Eye Ointment
Zobra Eye Ointment
₹10.6/gm of Eye Ointment