food interaction for TICLOPID
alcohol interaction for TICLOPID
pregnancy interaction for TICLOPID
lactation interaction for TICLOPID
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TICLOPID
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TICLOPID
- TICLOVIL 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Vilberry Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 14.09/tabletRs. 140.95pay 48% more per tablet
- TICLOBEST 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.63/tabletRs. 86.26save 9% more per tablet
- TICLOGARD 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 9.50/tabletRs. 95same price
- TICLOP 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 13.26/tabletRs. 132.60pay 40% more per tablet
- TICLOVAS 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 9.75/tabletRs. 97.45pay 3% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Frequently asked questions for TICLOPID
Q.How does ticlopidine work?
Ticlopidine is a platelet aggregation inhibitor. Ticlopidine induces a dose dependent reduction in platelet aggregation by reducing platelet-fibrinogen binding and the platelet-platelet interactions thereby increasing the bleeding time. It thus works by preventing platelets from collecting and forming clots
Q.Is ticlopidine an anticoagulant?
No, ticlopidine is not an anticoagulant. It is an antiplatelet agent
Q.Is ticlopidine a prodrug?
Yes, ticlopidine is a prodrug that gets metabolized to its active form
Q.How is ticlopidine metabolized?
Ticlopidine is metabolized extensively by the liver
Q.What is ticlopidine is used for?
Ticlopidine is used to prevent to reduce the risk of thrombotic stroke (fatal or nonfatal) in patients who have experienced stroke mainly in patients who are intolerant or allergic to aspirin therapy or who have failed aspirin therapy. Ticlopidine may also be used as adjunctive therapy with aspirin in patients with coronary stent implantations.