Information about Ticlopidine
Ticlopidine is used in the treatment of heart attack and Unstable Angina.
How ticlopidine works
Ticlopidine is an antiplatelet medication. It works by preventing platelets from sticking together which decreases the formation of harmful blood clots. This lower the chance of heart attack or stroke.
Common side effects of ticlopidine
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count
Available Medicine for Ticlopidine
- ₹857 to ₹1429Gufic Bioscience Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹140Vilberry Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹86Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹80Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹97USV Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹132Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹112Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ticlopidine
- Ticlopidine can be taken with or without food.
- If you are going to have surgery or dental work, you may be asked to stop taking Ticlopidine temporarily.
- Common side effect is bleeding. Inform your doctor if get blood in the urine, black stools, bruising easily, nosebleeds, bleeding from your gums, bleeding from cuts that take a long time to stop, and heavier than normal menstrual bleeding.
- If you cut yourself, apply firm pressure to the site for at least five minutes using a clean and dry dressing. Immediately inform your doctor or contact a hospital emergency if you are unable to stop bleeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Ticlopidine
Q. How does Ticlopidine work?
Ticlopidine is a platelet aggregation inhibitor. Ticlopidine induces a dose dependent reduction in platelet aggregation by reducing platelet-fibrinogen binding and the platelet-platelet interactions thereby increasing the bleeding time. It thus works by preventing platelets from collecting and forming clots
Q. Is Ticlopidine an anticoagulant?
No, Ticlopidine is not an anticoagulant. It is an antiplatelet agent
Q. Is Ticlopidine a prodrug?
Yes, Ticlopidine is a prodrug that gets metabolized to its active form
Q. How is Ticlopidine metabolized?
Ticlopidine is metabolized extensively by the liver
Q. What is Ticlopidine is used for?
Ticlopidine is used to prevent to reduce the risk of thrombotic stroke (fatal or nonfatal) in patients who have experienced stroke mainly in patients who are intolerant or allergic to aspirin therapy or who have failed aspirin therapy. Ticlopidine may also be used as adjunctive therapy with aspirin in patients with coronary stent implantations.