Information about Ticlopidine
Ticlopidine is used in the treatment of heart attack and unstable angina. It decreases the chances of having another heart attack, stroke or death from a disease related to your heart or blood vessels.
How ticlopidine works
Ticlopidine is an antiplatelet medication. It works by preventing platelets from sticking together which decreases the formation of harmful blood clots. This lowers the chance of heart attack or stroke.
Common side effects of ticlopidine
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count
Available Medicine for Ticlopidine
- ₹857 to ₹1429Gufic Bioscience Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹140Vilberry Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹86Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹132Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹95Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹97USV Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹80Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹109Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹88Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ticlopidine
- Good medication for preventing blood clots.
- For best results, take Ticlopidine at the same time every day.
- Ticlopidine increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, or using sharp objects.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor.
- If you are going to have a surgery or dental treatment, you may be asked to stop taking Ticlopidine temporarily.
Frequently asked questions for Ticlopidine
Q. How does Ticlopidine work?
Ticlopidine is a platelet aggregation inhibitor. Ticlopidine induces a dose dependent reduction in platelet aggregation by reducing platelet-fibrinogen binding and the platelet-platelet interactions thereby increasing the bleeding time. It thus works by preventing platelets from collecting and forming clots
Q. Is Ticlopidine an anticoagulant?
No, Ticlopidine is not an anticoagulant. It is an antiplatelet agent
Q. Is Ticlopidine a prodrug?
Yes, Ticlopidine is a prodrug that gets metabolized to its active form
Q. How is Ticlopidine metabolized?
Ticlopidine is metabolized extensively by the liver
Q. What is Ticlopidine is used for?
Ticlopidine is used to prevent to reduce the risk of thrombotic stroke (fatal or nonfatal) in patients who have experienced stroke mainly in patients who are intolerant or allergic to aspirin therapy or who have failed aspirin therapy. Ticlopidine may also be used as adjunctive therapy with aspirin in patients with coronary stent implantations.