food interaction for THYROX
alcohol interaction for THYROX
pregnancy interaction for THYROX
lactation interaction for THYROX
Adequate and well-controlled human studies have shown low or no risk.
SALT INFORMATION for THYROX
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for THYROX - 12.5 TABLET
Patients taking THYROX - 12.5 TABLET
- 91%Once A Day
- 6%Twice A Week
- 3%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for THYROX
- THYRONORM 125 MCG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 1.49/tabletRs. 149.10pay 17% more per tablet
- THYROX - 125 TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.49/tabletRs. 149.10pay 17% more per tablet
- THYROUP 125 TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Lupin LtdRs. 1.49/tabletRs. 149pay 17% more per tablet
- THYROFIT 125 MCG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Eris Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 1.22/tabletRs. 36.48save 5% more per tablet
- ELTROXIN 125MCG TABLET(60 tablets in bottle)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.49/tabletRs. 89.46pay 17% more per tablet
- Dr. Khalid J. FarooquiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Dheeraj KapoorMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Harmandeep KaurMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Ambrish MithalMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for THYROX
- Food prevents proper absorption of the drug. Take thyroxine on an empty stomach half an hour before breakfast. Keep a gap of 4 hours between thyroxine and antiacids, calcium or iron supplements and mulltivitamins.
- Take special precaution and consult your doctor: If you suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure, heart failure or have had a heart attack, or condition that affects your adrenal glands, If you are over 50 years of age and have a long standing history of hypothyroidism.
- An electrocardiogram (ECG; test to measure the electrical activity of heart) is advised before starting treatment with levothyroxine, as changes induced by hypothyroidism may be confused with changes that occur due to decreased blood flow to heart (ischemia).
Frequently asked questions for THYROX
Q.What is thyroxine?
Thyroxine is a hormone that is secreted by the follicular cells of thyroid gland
Q.Is it an amine/ peptide or steroid hormone?
Thyroxine is derived by iodination of tyrosine (amino acid) after biochemical synthesis. Thyroxine is neither a steroid nor amine nor peptide
Q.Is eltroxin/thyronorm/synthroid same?
Yes. Eltroxin, thyronorm and synthroid contain levothyroxine sodium as main ingredient
Q.Is eltroxin gluten free and still available?
Yes. Eltroxin is gluten free and available in India
Q.Is thyronorm better than eltroxin?
No. Both the drug contain same active ingredient i.e. levothyroxine sodium
Q.Is eltroxin used for hyperthyroidism?
No. It is not used for the treatment of hyperthyroidism. On the contrary, it is used for hypothyroidism
Q.Is eltroxin dangerous?
No. Eltroxin is not dangerous but check with your doctor, if you observe any symptoms of possible side effects
Q.Is thyronorm T3 or T4?
Thyronorm is a synthetic version of the thyroid gland hormone-Thyroxine (T4)
Q.Is thyroxine water soluble or hydrophobic?
Thyroxine is also insoluble in water (hydrophobic) and lipophilic in nature.