food interaction for TENDIA M
alcohol interaction for TENDIA M
pregnancy interaction for TENDIA M
lactation interaction for TENDIA M
SALT INFORMATION for TENDIA M
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TENDIA M FORTE TABLET
Patients taking TENDIA M FORTE TABLET
- 90%Once A Day
- 8%Twice A Day
- 1%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES for TENDIA M
- GLIPIJUB M FORTE 1000MG/20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Jubilant Life SciencesRs. 14.20/tabletRs. 142pay 18% more per tablet
- TIBAN M 1000MG/20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 12.23/tabletRs. 122.31pay 2% more per tablet
- TENEPRIDE M 1000MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 14.20/tabletRs. 142pay 18% more per tablet
- TENIVA M FORTE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 14.20/tabletRs. 142pay 18% more per tablet
- J RING M FORTE TABLET 1000MG/20MG(10 tablets in strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 14.20/tabletRs. 142pay 18% more per tablet
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for TENDIA M
- Metformin is generally prescribed in newly-diagnosed type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. Planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Metformin does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Metformin should be stopped for at least 2 days after a surgery or a radiological test done using dyes.
- It is best to take Metformin after meals to minimize nausea, indigestion or diarrhea. Unlike some other diabetes medicines, Metformin doesn't cause any weight gain or lower blood sugar levels.
- This is the only oral diabetes medicine that lowers complications and deaths in conditions related to diabetes. Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
Delay or missing a scheduled meals or snacks.
Exercising more than usual.
Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
Using too much insulin.
Sickness ( vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
Frequently asked questions for TENDIA M
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.