food interaction for TELMA
alcohol interaction for TELMA
pregnancy interaction for TELMA
lactation interaction for TELMA
medicine interaction for TELMA
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TELMA
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR TELMA 40 MG TABLET
Patients taking TELMA 40 MG TABLET
- 82%Once A Day
- 13%Twice A Day
- 1%Twice A Week
- 1%Thrice A Day
- 1%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES FOR TELMA
- TAZLOC 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 6.43/tabletRs. 64.26same price
- TELISTA 40 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 6.40/tabletRs. 96same price
- TELVAS 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.62/tabletRs. 46.21save 28% more per tablet
- TELMIKIND 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 3.03/tabletRs. 30.28save 53% more per tablet
- TELLZY 40 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.43/tabletRs. 96.39same price
Expert advice FOR TELMA
- Telmisartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Telmisartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Telmisartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Telmisartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
Frequently asked questions FOR TELMA
Q. Is telmisartan safe?
Telmisartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is telmisartan used for?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that blocks the activity of angiotensin II responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. It relaxes the blood vessels; thereby lowering blood pressure
Q. Is telmisartan a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic or a beta-locker?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker, not a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic, or a beta-blocker
Q. Is telmisartan a generic?
Yes, telmisartan is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Micardis, Telma, Telmate, Tazloc, Telsartan-h, etc.)
Q. Is telmisartan better than losartan or olmesartan?
Although all the three drugs have shown to be effective against the approved indications, but their effect may vary upon individual response.