SALT INFORMATIONCinnarizine(25 mg)
Cinnarizine is used for the treatment of motion sickness and certain ear diseases that affect the balance and can cause nausea, vomiting, attacks of dizziness or spinning sensations (vertigo) and sensations of ringing or other noise in the ears (tinnitus).
How it works
Cinnarizine belongs to the group of medicines called antihistamines. Information about the motion is send to brain by nerves inside the ear, eyes and part of the body doing the movement. If there is some kind of conflict between the messages sent by different parts it can cause dizziness and can make you feel sick. The Nerves transmit their message using chemical Histamine (neurotransmitter). Cinnarizine acts by blocking histamine mediated transmission.
Common side effects
Abdominal bloating, Inability to empty the urinary bladder, Increased sensitivity to light, Dry throat, Headache, Dry mouth, Constipation, Confusion, Dry nose, Drowsiness, Palpitations
- VERTIGON 25 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Geno Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.36/tabletRs. 33.65save 36% more per tablet
- DIZIRON 25 MG TABLET(20 tablet in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.47/tabletRs. 89.40save 14% more per tablet
- DIZIRON 25 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.95/tabletRs. 89.50pay 71% more per tablet
- VERGO 25MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 39save 25% more per tablet
- CINVERT 25MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Baroda Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 2.01/tabletRs. 20.12save 61% more per tablet
- Take the tablets after food to reduce the risk of stomach upset.
- Do not start or continue the cinnarizine tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cinnarizine.
- Stop taking this medicine 4 days before having any allergy test.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines that make you sleepy or feel drowsy or medicines like tricyclic antidepressants.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking cinnarizine because you may feel drowsy.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is cinnarizine/Stugeron available in Australia/Canada?
No, it is not available in Australia/Canada.
Q. Is cinnarizine effective/ safe during pregnancy?
It is effective at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor. It is not advisable to take this drug during pregnancy, but always consult your doctor.
Q. Is cinnarizine FDA approved?
No, it is not FDA approved, but is available in US.
Q. Is cinnarizine short acting/ calcium channel blocker/ steroid?
Cinnarizine is a long acting antihistamines and a calcium channel blocker. It is not a steroid. Your doctor may prescribe cinnarizine for motion sickness during long journey.
Q. Is Stugeron available over the counter?
It is available with doctor’s prescription only.
Q. Cinnarizine/Stugil/Stugeron is used for/ good for sea sickness/ for vertigo/nausea?
It is used for vertigo and nausea due to motion sickness and disorders of the inner ear that may affect balance. It is also used for other balance disorders such as Meniere’s disease.
Q. How long can I take Stugeron for?
Patient can take this drug for prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Can I take cinnarizine/Stugeron with betahistine/paracetamol/ibuprofen/citalopram/warfarin/ diazepam/antibiotics/bisoprolol?
No, taking other medicines may alter the effects of cinnarizine. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
Q. Can you take Stugeron with alcohol?
No, alcohol consumption should be avoided when taking the drug cinnarizine because it may increase the sedative effects.
Q. Does cinnarizine/Stugeron 15 works?
It works at the prescribed dose and duration for the treatment of motion sickness, disorders of the inner ear that may affect balance and other balance disorders such as Meniere’s disease as advised by your doctor.
Q. Does cinnarizine or Stugeron cause dizziness/make you drowsy/ cause weight gain?
Yes, it may cause dizziness or make you drowsy. Cinnarizine causing weight gain is very rare Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. How long does cinnarizine/Stugeron take to work?
Patient can take this drug two hours before starting their journey. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.