Medicine Overview of Sorid Capsule
Sorid 10mg Capsule is used in the treatment of psoriasis
Dry lips, Dryness in mouth, Dry nose, Conjunctivitis, Skin peeling, Visual disturbance.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Sorid 10mg Capsule is to be taken with food.
Researchers don't know how exactly Sorid 10mg Capsule works in psoriasis.
In Depth Information on Sorid Capsule
- It is advisable to take this medication at the same time every day after a meal, preferably with milk or fatty food.
- It is necessary to inform your doctor if you have liver/kidney disease or suffer from high levels of cholesterol (hyperlipidemia).
- Do not donate blood if you are on this therapy and until 3 years after stopping this therapy. Women of child-bearing age should not receive blood from any person who is on this therapy.
- If you suffer from diabetes, the blood sugar levels should be checked often if you take acitretin.
- Do not drink alcohol while on this therapy and for 2 months after stopping this therapy as it would increase the risk of side effects.
- Do not wear lenses or go out in strong sunlight while on this therapy.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you develop bone, joint or muscle pain or have troubles with moving.
- Women of child-bearing age, if on acitretin therapy, should practice 2 methods of contraception; and be sure to tell your doctor the medications that you use, and the doctor will tell you which methods are acceptable.
- You will need to take pregnancy tests regularly if you are on treatment with acitretin and for at least 3 years after you stop taking acitretin.
Sorid Capsule related warnings
Taking alcohol and acitretin is not recommended because it increase the risk for birth defects in pregnant women.
Sorid 10mg Capsule is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Sorid 10mg Capsule is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Sorid 10mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Sorid 10mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Sorid 10mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Sorid 10mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Sorid 10mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Sorid 10mg Capsule
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 2
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Sorid 10mg Capsule. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Sorid Capsule
No Sorid is not a steroid
It is safe when used at the recommended dose and duration as advised by the doctor
Sorid belongs to a class of medications called retinoids.It is used in the treatment of serious skin disorders such as severe psoriasis (dry, scaly, wax-like skin rash). It is also used to treat keratin deposition on skin (ichthyosis), skin rash (pityriasis) or small elevations of skin and mucosa (lichen ruber)
It is effective when used at the recommended dose and duration as advised by the doctor
Q. Can I take paracetamol or ibuprofen with acitretin?
There is no known adverse effect of taking paracetamol or ibuprofen with acitretin. Please follow the advice of your doctor on the same
No there are no known effects of Sorid on weight gain and sperms. Please consult your doctor immediately if any side effects are observed while on this therapy
Sorid may seem to worsen symptoms at the start but should be effective during the course of the therapy. Continue to use as per doctor's recommendations. Sorid should be cleared from the body within 36 days post the last dose.
Sorid interacts with these medicines
Taking Sorid with any of the following medicines can modify the effect of either of them and cause some undesirable side effects
Medicines with composition Tigecycline: Tygacil
Medicines with composition Demeclocycline: Ledermycin
Medicines with composition Tetracycline: Tetralab
Medicines with composition Doxycycline: Doxyleb, Codox, Tetradox, Lenteclin, Doxytop, Biodoxi, Revidox, Doxicip, Novadox, Doxylin, Rapidoxyn, Nudoxy, Doxyn
Medicines with composition Oxytetracycline: Terramycin
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Sorid 10mg Capsule: BBS, SRG, ABP, DPL, CLT, ATP, SVH, AMR, UMP, JVO, NVY, JVN, MAK, GPT, SSA, ANT, AGT, ENP, DLP, RSA, SBL, BIO, VRS, HPC, OWP, HMP, OIP, AAY, PEN, TOM, DGN, TNH, MAX, KHH, USF, HBV, SHD, BDN, STA, PPR, SCH, SGC, HEX, LCC, GBL, SAF, RPP, JIV, DFP, OHM, ZEL, SDM, PVP, PLT, HAT, NVL, PNT, PTI, MPC, GNC, RSS, AVN, SWA, NSL, OLT, THP, MDO, SWP, JMJ, IAD, SYN, PRN, MMS, SAT, BMJ, RJH, RUS, LHA, EQN, RWP, SJP, WSI, HIP, ADT, NWP, ZVP, GPP, NNH, DPP, RKS, ARD, ATL, MAM, 9T9, NXG, RHW, SBA, BHP, BAL, AYU, PWN, SHP, MLC, DDR, FGH, GTK, EMB, MOM, RHL, AAR, INC, BTM, IPL, DYG, MSD, HGI, TRP, NTB, DHR, GTC, WHL, NDP, BSN