Medicine Overview of Sorid Capsule
Uses of Sorid Capsule
Sorid 10mg Capsule is used in the treatment of psoriasis.
Side effects of Sorid Capsule
Dry lips, Dry mouth, Dry nose, Conjunctivitis, Skin peeling, Visual disturbance.
How to use Sorid Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Sorid 10mg Capsule with food.
How Sorid Capsule works
Researchers don't know how exactly Sorid 10mg capsule works in psoriasis.
In Depth Information on Sorid Capsule
Expert advice for Sorid Capsule
- It is advisable to take this medication at the same time every day after a meal, preferably with milk or fatty food.
- It is necessary to inform your doctor if you have liver/kidney disease or suffer from high levels of cholesterol (hyperlipidemia).
- Do not donate blood if you are on this therapy and until 3 years after stopping this therapy. Women of child-bearing age should not receive blood from any person who is on this therapy.
- If you suffer from diabetes, the blood sugar levels should be checked often if you take acitretin.
- Do not drink alcohol while on this therapy and for 2 months after stopping this therapy as it would increase the risk of side effects.
- Do not wear lenses or go out in strong sunlight while on this therapy.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you develop bone, joint or muscle pain or have troubles with moving.
- Women of child-bearing age, if on acitretin therapy, should practice 2 methods of contraception; and be sure to tell your doctor the medications that you use, and the doctor will tell you which methods are acceptable.
- You will need to take pregnancy tests regularly if you are on treatment with acitretin and for at least 3 years after you stop taking acitretin.
Special precautions for Sorid 10mg Capsule
Taking alcohol and acitretin is not recommended because it i+more
ncrease the risk for birth defects in pregnant women....
Sorid 10mg Capsule is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Sorid 10mg Capsule is safe to use during lactation. Human s+more
tudies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Sorid 10mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machines...
Caution is advised when driving or operating machines
Sorid 10mg Capsule is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Acitretin is not indicated in renal dysfunction....
Acitretin is not indicated in renal dysfunction.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Minoz OD 100mg Capsule MR, Cnn 50mg Tablet, Teglin 50mg Injection, Doxyrek 100mg Capsule DR
Frequently asked questions for Sorid 10mg Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Acitretin
No Sorid is not a steroid
Q. Is it safe?
It is safe when used at the recommended dose and duration as advised by the doctor
Sorid belongs to a class of medications called retinoids.It is used in the treatment of serious skin disorders such as severe psoriasis (dry, scaly, wax-like skin rash). It is also used to treat keratin deposition on skin (ichthyosis), skin rash (pityriasis) or small elevations of skin and mucosa (lichen ruber)
Q. Is it effective?
It is effective when used at the recommended dose and duration as advised by the doctor
Q. Can I take paracetamol or ibuprofen with acitretin?
There is no known adverse effect of taking paracetamol or ibuprofen with acitretin. Please follow the advice of your doctor on the same
No there are no known effects of Sorid on weight gain and sperms. Please consult your doctor immediately if any side effects are observed while on this therapy
Sorid may seem to worsen symptoms at the start but should be effective during the course of the therapy. Continue to use as per doctor's recommendations. Sorid should be cleared from the body within 36 days post the last dose.
Substitutes for Sorid Capsule
A Tret 10mg Capsule
Kaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Acrotac 10mg Capsule
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Actoid 10mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Acipsor 10mg Capsule
Kivi Labs Ltd
Zoratame 10mg Capsule