Sizodon 0.5mg Tablet MD
Primarily used for
10 tablet md in 1 strip
Medicine Overview of Sizodon Tablet MD
Side effects of Sizodon Tablet MD
Headache, Akathisia, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Parkinsonism.
How to use Sizodon Tablet MD
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not handle the tablets with wet hands. Put it in your mouth but do not swallow it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Sizodon 0.5mg Tablet MD at a fixed time.
How Sizodon Tablet MD works
Sizodon 0.5mg tablet md works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on Sizodon Tablet MD
Expert advice for Sizodon Tablet MD
- You will be regularly monitored for increase in weight, blood glucose level (if you are suffering from diabetes), and for signs and symptoms of fever and infection if you are having history of low white blood cell count.
- Children and adolescents should be carefully monitored to check the sleepiness (sedative) effects of risperidone.
- Your child will be regularly monitored for measurements of height, weight, sexual maturation, monitoring of menstrual functioning, and other potential prolactin-related effects.
- Use with caution if you have history of fits (seizures).
- If you are a men taking risperidone, you may be at a risk of getting priapism (persistent and painful erection of the penis). Seek for medical advice if you develop such signs and symptoms.
- Use risperidone with caution in patients with heart disorders such as heart failure, heart attack, conduction abnormalities, dehydration or decrease in blood volume.
- Do not take risperidone if you develop tardive dyskinesia (twitching or jerking movements that you cannot control in your face, tongue, or other parts of your body).
- Do not consume alcohol along with risperidone as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not take risperidone along with furosemide, as it may lead to death.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Sizodon 0.5mg Tablet MD
Sizodon 0.5mg Tablet MD may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Sizodon 0.5mg Tablet MD may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Sizodon 0.5mg Tablet MD is probably safe to use during lacta+more
tion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Sizodon 0.5mg Tablet MD may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or a+more
ffect your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Sizodon 0.5mg Tablet MD should be used with caution in patie+more
nts with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Sizodon 0.5mg Tablet MD may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onabet Powder, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Benadryl Dr Dry Cough Active Relief Syrup
Frequently asked questions for Sizodon 0.5mg Tablet MD
Frequently asked questions for Risperidone
No. Sizodon is neither addictive nor controlled substance
Sizodon is an atypical antagonist which may show sedative effects. It has affinity towards serotonin. Few studies have shown that Sizodon induces neuroleptic malignant syndrome
No. Sizodon is not used for anxiety
No. Sizodon is not a benzo
Yes. Risperdal is a brand name of drug Sizodon
No. Taking Sizodon with Nyquil (dextromethorphan and doxylamine) may increase the side effects such as drowsiness, blurred vision, dry mouth, heat intolerance, flushing, decreased sweating, difficulty urinating, abdominal cramping, constipation, rapid heartbeats, confusion, and memory problems
Q. Can I take vicodin/tramadol/ ambien/diazepam with risperidone?
Using Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone), Ambien (zolpidem) or diazepam together with risperidone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Tramadol may increase the risk of seizures when given with risperidone
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol with risperidone?
Yes. Taking ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol (acetaminophen) with risperidone does not cause any harmful effects. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does Sizodon cause depression/ weight loss/ high prolactin levels/ weight gain/ lower blood pressure/ make you high or drowsy/ help you sleep?
These side effects are commonly observed with Sizodon use. Stop taking Sizodon and consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
User Submitted Feedback For Sizodon 0.5mg Tablet MD
Patients taking Sizodon 0.5mg Tablet MD
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
Thrice A week
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?
Substitutes for Sizodon Tablet MD
Riswel 0.5mg Tablet MD