food interaction for SILOTIME
alcohol interaction for SILOTIME
pregnancy interaction for SILOTIME
lactation interaction for SILOTIME
Avoid Silotime 4 mg capsule with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, meats and some types of beer.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SILOTIME
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SILOTIME
- SILODAL 4 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 13.50/capsuleRs. 135pay 18% more per capsule
- SILOFAST 4 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 13.10/capsuleRs. 131pay 15% more per capsule
- RAPILIF 4 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 14.50/capsuleRs. 145pay 27% more per capsule
- FLOSPURT 4 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 9.90/capsuleRs. 99save 13% more per capsule
- GERIPOD 4 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.90/capsuleRs. 139pay 22% more per capsule
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for SILOTIME
- Do not start or continue silodosin and consult your doctor If you are allergic to silodosin or other alpha blockers, or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- Avoid standing up suddenly from bed; dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting may occur when you get up too quickly from a lying position.
- Silodosin can make you drowsy or dizzy especially the first few times that you take it; and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
- Silodosin is recommended for use in BPH, hence it will be used only by men.
Frequently asked questions for SILOTIME
Q.What is silodosin used for?
Silodosin is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy, which is a non-cancerous enlargement of prostate causing symptoms during urination like hesitancy, incomplete emptying, weak stream, increased urgency and frequency, and increased urination in the night
Q.Does silodosin contain sulfa?
No, it does not contain sulfa
Q.How does silodosin work?
It blocks the alpha-1 receptors located in the muscles of human prostate, urinary bladder and urethra and relaxes It works by relieving symptoms associated with benign prostatic hypertrophy by relaxing these muscles of prostate and bladder, resulting in an improvement in urine flow and a reduction in BPH symptoms.