Silodosin is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (bph)
How it works
Silodosin relaxes the muscles around the bladder exit and prostate gland which helps in easy passage of urine and also decreases the urge to urinate again and again.
Common side effects
Dizziness, Ejaculation disorder
- ₹135 to ₹195Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹148 to ₹215Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹131 to ₹230Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹114 to ₹226Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹139 to ₹229Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹216 to ₹355Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹203Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹250Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹195Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹200Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- Silodosin helps in relieving only the symptoms of enlarged prostate. It doesn't decrease the size of the prostate.
- It may take 2 to 4 weeks before you experience complete relief in your symptoms. Tell your doctor if there is no improvement after 4 weeks.
- Don't stop taking Silodosin suddenly. Talk to your doctor first.
- Avoid standing up suddenly from sitting or lying position as you may feel dizzy, lightheaded, and fainting may occur. Silodosin is best taken at bedtime to avoid these problems.
- Silodosin can make you feel dizzy for the first few days. Take special precaution if you have to drive, use machines or do any activity that needs alertness.
- Inform your doctor that you are taking this medicine before undergoing any surgery like cataract surgery.
- Inform your doctor if you have an underlying kidney or liver disease.
- Silodosin is not meant to be used by women
Frequently asked questions
Q. Does silodosin contain sulfa?
No, it does not contain sulfa
Q. What is silodosin used for?
Silodosin is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy, which is a non-cancerous enlargement of prostate causing symptoms during urination like hesitancy, incomplete emptying, weak stream, increased urgency and frequency, and increased urination in the night
Q. How does silodosin work?
It blocks the alpha-1 receptors located in the muscles of human prostate, urinary bladder and urethra and relaxes It works by relieving symptoms associated with benign prostatic hypertrophy by relaxing these muscles of prostate and bladder, resulting in an improvement in urine flow and a reduction in BPH symptoms.