Information about Silodosin
Silodosin is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
How silodosin works
Silodosin is an alpha blocker. It works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so urine is passed more easily.
Common side effects of silodosin
Dizziness, Ejaculation disorder
Available Medicine for Silodosin
- ₹144 to ₹213Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹148 to ₹215Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹131 to ₹230Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹124 to ₹226Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹152 to ₹229Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹216 to ₹355Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹203Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹250Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹195Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹200Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Silodosin
- Silodosin helps in relieving only the symptoms of enlarged prostate. It doesn't decrease the size of the prostate.
- It may take 2 to 4 weeks before you experience complete relief in your symptoms. Tell your doctor if there is no improvement after 4 weeks.
- Silodosin may cause you to feel dizzy, faint, lightheaded, or weak, especially when you stand up (orthostatic hypotension). Take special precaution if you have to drive, use machines or do any activity that needs alertness.
- If you're undergoing eye surgery due to cataract or Glaucoma, inform your eye doctor about the usage of Silodosin.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Silodosin
Q. Does silodosin contain sulfa?
No, it does not contain sulfa
Q. What is silodosin used for?
Silodosin is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy, which is a non-cancerous enlargement of prostate causing symptoms during urination like hesitancy, incomplete emptying, weak stream, increased urgency and frequency, and increased urination in the night
Q. How does silodosin work?
It blocks the alpha-1 receptors located in the muscles of human prostate, urinary bladder and urethra and relaxes It works by relieving symptoms associated with benign prostatic hypertrophy by relaxing these muscles of prostate and bladder, resulting in an improvement in urine flow and a reduction in BPH symptoms.
Q. Is Silodosin better than Tamsulosin?
Silodosin and Tamsulosin belong to the same class of drugs and are equally good in relieving the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia. However, Tamsulosin commonly causes postural hypotension and dose reduction is not needed in renal disease patients whereas Silodosin more commonly causes retrograde ejaculation and its dose may need to be decreased in patients with renal disease.