Information about Silodosin
Silodosin is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
How Silodosin works
Silodosin is an alpha blocker. It works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so urine is passed more easily.
Common side effects of Silodosin
Retrograde ejaculation, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Dizziness, Headache, Nasal congestion (stuffy nose), Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Silodosin
SilodalSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹172 to ₹2552 variant(s)
₹287 to ₹4712 variant(s)
RapilifIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹163 to ₹3824 variant(s)
SildooDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹173 to ₹3032 variant(s)
GeripodAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹182 to ₹2632 variant(s)
SilotimeIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹135 to ₹2932 variant(s)
MaxvoidAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹176 to ₹3812 variant(s)
SilocapOverseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹148 to ₹2412 variant(s)
ProstagardAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹89 to ₹1592 variant(s)
Expert advice for Silodosin
- Silodosin helps in relieving the symptoms of enlarged prostate. It does not decrease the size of the prostate.
- Silodosin must be taken with food.
- You will feel better within hours or days of starting the treatment. Full effect is usually seen within 2 weeks.
- Silodosin may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- If you are scheduled to undergo an eye surgery due to cataract or glaucoma, inform your eye doctor about the usage of Silodosin.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.