Medicine Overview of Schizonil Tablet
Uses of Schizonil Tablet
Schizonil 1mg Tablet is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Side effects of Schizonil Tablet
Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Sleepiness, Dry mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism, Weight gain, Akathisia, Dystonia, Constipation.
How to use Schizonil Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Schizonil 1mg Tablet with food.
How Schizonil Tablet works
Schizonil 1mg tablet is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on Schizonil Tablet
Expert advice for Schizonil Tablet
- Inform your doctor before taking trifluoperazine if you or anyone from your family is suffering from any heart/blood-vessel disease or have a history of problems with blood clotting, or if you suffer from Parkinson’s disease (nervous system disorder characterized by tremors, rigidity and difficulty in movements), epilepsy (fits), glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye), Myasthenia gravis (abnormal weakness of muscles), loss of cognitive or memory function or changes in body temperature.
- Take precautions while using trifluoperazine if you are at risk for getting a stroke (paralysis) because of heart disease, diabetes, high blood cholesterol.
- Do not drive vehicle or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may make you feel dizzy.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking trifluoperazine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Consult your doctor before taking trifluoperazine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Schizonil 1mg Tablet
Schizonil 1mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Schizonil 1mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Schizonil 1mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Schizonil 1mg Tablet make u feel dizzy, drowsy or can cause blurred vision. This may affect your driving ability....
Schizonil 1mg Tablet make u feel dizzy, drowsy or can cause blurred vision. This may affect your driving ability.
There is limited information available on the use of Schizon+more
il 1mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Schizonil 1mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.+more
However, the use of Schizonil 1mg Tablet is not considered safe in patients with liver disease as per the available data....
However, the use of Schizonil 1mg Tablet is not considered safe in patients with liver disease as per the available data.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Adamon 100mg Injection
User Submitted Feedback For Schizonil 1mg Tablet
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Schizonil Tablet
Espazine 1mg Tablet
Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd