Information about Trifluoperazine
Trifluoperazine is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How trifluoperazine works
Trifluoperazine works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects the thoughts and moods.
Common side effects of trifluoperazine
Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Sleepiness, Dry mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism, Weight gain, Akathisia, Dystonia, Constipation
Available Medicine for Trifluoperazine
- ₹27 to ₹30Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹10Zenith Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹16Talent India2 variant(s)
- ₹12Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Triko Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹7Health Plan1 variant(s)
- ₹9Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹11D D Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹7Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹21Abbott India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Trifluoperazine
- Inform your doctor before taking trifluoperazine if you or anyone from your family is suffering from any heart/blood-vessel disease or have a history of problems with blood clotting, or if you suffer from Parkinson’s disease (nervous system disorder characterized by tremors, rigidity and difficulty in movements), epilepsy (fits), glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye), Myasthenia gravis (abnormal weakness of muscles), loss of cognitive or memory function or changes in body temperature.
- Take precautions while using trifluoperazine if you are at risk for getting a stroke (paralysis) because of heart disease, diabetes, high blood cholesterol.
- Do not drive vehicle or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may make you feel dizzy.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking trifluoperazine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Consult your doctor before taking trifluoperazine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.