food interaction for REX XR
alcohol interaction for REX XR
pregnancy interaction for REX XR
lactation interaction for REX XR
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for REX XR
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for REX XR 500 MG TABLET
Patients taking REX XR 500 MG TABLET
- 60%Twice A Day
- 40%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for REX XR
- DEPAKOTE 500 MG TABLET XR(15 tablet xr in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 14.76/tablet xrRs. 221.41pay 24% more per tablet xr
- TREND 500 MG TABLET XR(10 tablet xr in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.40/tablet xrRs. 104save 13% more per tablet xr
- DIVALPRO 500 MG TABLET XR(10 tablet xr in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 11.57/tablet xrRs. 115.70save 3% more per tablet xr
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Amit AroraMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajnish KumarMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Isha ShuklaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for REX XR
- Do not take divalproex tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to divalproex or any of the other ingredients of divalproex tablet.
- Avoid taking divalproex if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not take divalproex if you have family history of urea cycle disorder or unexplained infant deaths; history of mental or mood problems (e.g. depression) or suicidal thoughts or actions; if you have recurring vomiting and sluggishness, recurring extreme irritability, or decreased food or fluid intake.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking divalproex because you may feel drowsy.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: cancer, alcohol abuse or dependence, liver problems, metabolic disease, blood disease (e.g. low levels of white blood cells, low blood platelet levels), HIV infection, cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection, high blood levels of ammonia or glutamine, low body temperature, low levels of albumin, brain problems, mental retardation, inflammation of the pancreas, kidney problems, or high blood glycine levels.
Frequently asked questions for REX XR
Q.Is divalproex an antipsychotic?
Divalproex is an anticonvulsant drug and not antipsychotic
Q.Is divalproex the same as Depakote?
Yes, Depakote is a trade name of product containing the drug divalproex sodium
Q.Is divalproex safe?
Divalproex is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by doctor
Q.Is divalproex a controlled substance?
No, it is not a controlled substance
Q.Is divalproex/ divalproex sodium a narcotic?
No, it is not a narcotic
Q.Is divalproex the same as valproic acid?
No, divalproex contains a compound of sodium valproate and valproic acid
Q.Is divalproex a benzodiazepine?
No, it is not a benzodiazepine
Q.Is divalproex addictive?
No, it is not addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take ibuprofen with divalproex?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of divalproex. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does divalproex contain MAOI?
No, it does not contain MAOI
Q.Does divalproex make you sleepy/cause weight gain/hair loss?
Divalproex may cause these side effects. However, always consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.