Information about Divalproex
How Divalproex works
Divalproex is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Divalproex
Headache, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Weakness, Abdominal pain, Infection, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Hair loss, Weight gain, Double vision, Diarrhea, Tremor, Weight loss, Flu-like symptoms
Available Medicine for Divalproex
DicorateSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹51 to ₹1907 variant(s)
DivaaIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹40 to ₹25510 variant(s)
₹58 to ₹66414 variant(s)
DesvalEris Lifesciences Ltd
₹42 to ₹1645 variant(s)
DepakoteSanofi India Ltd
₹135 to ₹2945 variant(s)
₹139 to ₹3004 variant(s)
Dayo ODLupin Ltd
₹37 to ₹1906 variant(s)
DivalgressLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹63 to ₹1574 variant(s)
ValkemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹31 to ₹1845 variant(s)
TrendTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹51 to ₹1806 variant(s)
Expert advice for Divalproex
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- It can be taken with or without food, but better to take with food to avoid stoamch upset.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Monitor your weight during treatment with this medicine as it can cause weight gain.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor how the medication is affecting your body. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.