Medicine Overview of Relicalm Tablet
Uses of Relicalm Tablet
Relicalm 5mg Tablet is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Side effects of Relicalm Tablet
Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Sleepiness, Dry mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism, Weight gain, Akathisia, Dystonia, Constipation.
How to use Relicalm Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Relicalm 5mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
How Relicalm Tablet works
Relicalm 5mg tablet is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on Relicalm Tablet
Expert advice for Relicalm Tablet
- Inform your doctor before taking trifluoperazine if you or anyone from your family is suffering from any heart/blood-vessel disease or have a history of problems with blood clotting, or if you suffer from Parkinson’s disease (nervous system disorder characterized by tremors, rigidity and difficulty in movements), epilepsy (fits), glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye), Myasthenia gravis (abnormal weakness of muscles), loss of cognitive or memory function or changes in body temperature.
- Take precautions while using trifluoperazine if you are at risk for getting a stroke (paralysis) because of heart disease, diabetes, high blood cholesterol.
- Do not drive vehicle or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may make you feel dizzy.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking trifluoperazine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Consult your doctor before taking trifluoperazine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Relicalm 5mg Tablet
Relicalm 5mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Relicalm 5mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Relicalm 5mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Relicalm 5mg Tablet make u feel dizzy, drowsy or can cause blurred vision. This may affect your driving ability....
Relicalm 5mg Tablet make u feel dizzy, drowsy or can cause blurred vision. This may affect your driving ability.
There is limited information available on the use of Relical+more
m 5mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Relicalm 5mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.+more
However, the use of Relicalm 5mg Tablet is not considered safe in patients with liver disease as per the available data....
However, the use of Relicalm 5mg Tablet is not considered safe in patients with liver disease as per the available data.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Itragreat 200mg Capsule, Itragreat 100mg Capsule, Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet
Substitutes for Relicalm Tablet
Gencalm 5mg Tablet
Gentech Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Espazine 5mg Tablet
Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Neocalm 5mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Trinicalm 5mg Tablet
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Normacalm 5mg Tablet