Medicine Overview of Ramitax Tablet
Uses of Ramitax Tablet
Ramitax 8mg Tablet is used in the treatment of insomnia.
Side effects of Ramitax Tablet
Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Fatigue.
How to use Ramitax Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Ramitax 8mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Ramitax Tablet works
Ramitax 8mg tablet works like a chemical messenger in the brain that helps to regulate the sleep-wake cycle.
In Depth Information on Ramitax Tablet
Expert advice for Ramitax Tablet
- Do consult your doctor before using ramelteon if you have severe liver problems, lung disorders in which flow of air to the lungs is blocked (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ), sleep apnea ( a condition in which breathing stops during sleep), or mental and mood related disorders (e.g., depression and suicidal thoughts).
- Do consult your doctor before using ramelteon if you are taking fluvoxamine, fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, cimetidine, clarithromycin, ciprofloxacin, gemifloxacin, levofloxacin, moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin, indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir or nefazodone.
- Do not consume ramelteon with or immediately after a high-fat meal.
- Do not use ramelteon in adolescents and children as safety and effectiveness is not confirmed.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking ramelteon because you may feel sleepy.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on treatment with ramelteon.
- Do consult your doctor before using ramelteon if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Ramitax 8mg Tablet
Ramitax 8mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ramitax 8mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Ramitax 8mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
Monitor the baby for sleepiness, adequate weight gain, and developmental milestones, especially in younger, exclusively breastfed babies....
Monitor the baby for sleepiness, adequate weight gain, and developmental milestones, especially in younger, exclusively breastfed babies.
Ramitax 8mg Tablet may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Ramitax 8mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney di+more
sease. No dose adjustment of Ramitax 8mg Tablet is recommended....
Ramitax 8mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Ramitax 8mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Ramitax 8mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Use of Ramitax 8mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Ramelteon, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Ramitax 8mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Ramelteon
No. Ramitax is not a controlled substance
It does not have a potential for addiction and abus
No. Ramitax is not an over the counter (OTC) drug. It can be obtained only on producing a valid prescription
Yes. Ramitax is available in India in the form of 8 mg tablet
The effectiveness of Ramitax may vary upon individual response
Ramitax is a sedative-hypnotic drug used to treat insomnia (difficult falling asleep). It is effective if used as advised by your doctor
Ramitax is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Ramitax 8mg Tablet
Patients taking Ramitax 8mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Ramitax
No substitutes found for this medicine