How it works
Common side effects
- 1 variant(s)
- Do consult your doctor before using ramelteon if you have severe liver problems, lung disorders in which flow of air to the lungs is blocked (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ), sleep apnea ( a condition in which breathing stops during sleep), or mental and mood related disorders (e.g., depression and suicidal thoughts).
- Do consult your doctor before using ramelteon if you are taking fluvoxamine, fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, cimetidine, clarithromycin, ciprofloxacin, gemifloxacin, levofloxacin, moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin, indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir or nefazodone.
- Do not consume ramelteon with or immediately after a high-fat meal.
- Do not use ramelteon in adolescents and children as safety and effectiveness is not confirmed.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking ramelteon because you may feel sleepy.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on treatment with ramelteon.
- Do consult your doctor before using ramelteon if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is ramelteon a controlled substance?
No. Ramelteon is not a controlled substance
Q. Is ramelteon addictive?
It does not have a potential for addiction and abus
Q. Is ramelteon over the counter?
No. Ramelteon is not an over the counter (OTC) drug. It can be obtained only on producing a valid prescription
Q. Is ramelteon available in India?
Yes. Ramelteon is available in India in the form of 8 mg tablet
Q. Is ramelteon effective?
The effectiveness of ramelteon may vary upon individual response
Q. Does ramelteon work?
Ramelteon is a sedative-hypnotic drug used to treat insomnia (difficult falling asleep). It is effective if used as advised by your doctor
Q. Is ramelteon safe?
Ramelteon is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.