Information about Ramelteon
Ramelteon is used in insomnia.
How ramelteon works
Ramelteon is a melatonin receptor agonist. Ramelteon works like melatonin, a chemical messenger in the brain that helps regulate the sleep-wake cycle.
Common side effects of ramelteon
Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Fatigue
Available Medicine for Ramelteon
- ₹119Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ramelteon
- You have been prescribed Ramelteon to treat difficulty in falling asleep.
- Take it on an empty stomach 30 minutes before you sleep.
- Avoid alcohol and other medicines (opioids, benzodiazepines) that can make you sleepy.
- Tell your doctor if your sleep doesn’t improve after 7 to 10 days of treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Ramelteon
Q. Is Ramelteon a controlled substance?
No. Ramelteon is not a controlled substance
Q. Is Ramelteon addictive?
It does not have a potential for addiction and abus
Q. Is Ramelteon over the counter?
No. Ramelteon is not an over the counter (OTC) drug. It can be obtained only on producing a valid prescription
Q. Is Ramelteon available in India?
Yes. Ramelteon is available in India in the form of 8 mg tablet
Q. Is Ramelteon effective?
The effectiveness of Ramelteon may vary upon individual response
Q. Does Ramelteon work?
Ramelteon is a sedative-hypnotic drug used to treat insomnia (difficult falling asleep). It is effective if used as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Ramelteon safe?
Ramelteon is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.