food interaction for PURON
alcohol interaction for PURON
pregnancy interaction for PURON
lactation interaction for PURON
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PURON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PURONNo substitutes found
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Indrajit AgrawalMBBS, MD, Fellowship
Expert advice for PURON
- If you have an acute pain, take the tablets on an empty stomach, i.e. at least 30 minutes before meals, as this helps the medicine start working a little faster.
- Stop taking the medicine and seek immediate medical help immediately if you pass blood in your stools/motions, pass black tarry stools, vomit any blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds.
- Do not take other NSAIDs or acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), warfarin or other medicines used to thin the blood or stop blood clots, Lithium and methotrexate, hydantoins and phenytoin, sulphametoxazole along with dexketoprofen.
- Tell your doctor if you have or had a stomach or duodenal ulcer, bowel ulcers, ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease, liver or kidney disease, are taking diuretics or poor hydration and reduced blood volume due to an excessive loss of fluids, heart problems, previous stroke or are at risk of these conditions (for example if you have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol or are a smoker), blood clotting disorders, if fluids are collected in your body tissues (oedema), a disease which affects joints, muscles and skin (systemic lupus erythematosus) or a collagen disease which affects connective tissues (mixed collagenosis), varicella (chickenpox).
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding. Dexketoprofen may make it more difficult to become pregnant, however, your fertility will return to normal once you stop taking the medicine.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as dexketoprofen may cause dizziness.
Frequently asked questions for PURON
Q.What is dexketoprofen trometamol 25 mg/ what is dexketoprofen/ dexketoprofen trometamol used for/ does dexketoprofen contain ibuprofen?
Dexketoprofen/ dexketoprofen trometamol is a propionic acid derivative belonging to a class of medications called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is used in the treatment of mild to moderate pain such as such as muscular pain, painful periods (dysmenorrhoea) and toothache. No, it does not contain ibuprofen
Q.How does dexketoprofen work?
Dexketoprofen inhibits certain chemicals in the body that control inflammation and pain production, thereby, providing relief
Q.Can I take paracetomol with dexketoprofen?
Dexketoprofen should be avoided with other anti-inflammatory drugs. Consult your doctor before taking paracetomol along with dexketoprofen.