Information about Dexketoprofen
Dexketoprofen is used in fever, headache, arthralgia, muscle pain, dental pain, post operative pain, pain during menstruation, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and gout.
How dexketoprofen works
Dexketoprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of dexketoprofen
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Epigastric pain, Flatulence, Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Dexketoprofen
- ₹22Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dexketoprofen
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Dexketoprofen can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Dexketoprofen
Q. What is dexketoprofen trometamol 25 mg/ what is dexketoprofen/ dexketoprofen trometamol used for/ does dexketoprofen contain ibuprofen?
Dexketoprofen/ dexketoprofen trometamol is a propionic acid derivative belonging to a class of medications called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is used in the treatment of mild to moderate pain such as such as muscular pain, painful periods (dysmenorrhoea) and toothache. No, it does not contain ibuprofen
Q. How does dexketoprofen work?
Dexketoprofen inhibits certain chemicals in the body that control inflammation and pain production, thereby, providing relief
Q. Can I take paracetomol with dexketoprofen?
Dexketoprofen should be avoided with other anti-inflammatory drugs. Consult your doctor before taking paracetomol along with dexketoprofen.