Information about Dexketoprofen
Dexketoprofen is used for pain relief. It relieves pain and inflammation in conditions like muscle pain, period pain and toothache.
How Dexketoprofen works
Dexketoprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of Dexketoprofen
Vomiting, Nausea, Stomach pain, Indigestion, Heartburn
Expert advice for Dexketoprofen
- You have been prescribed Dexketoprofen to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Take it with food or milk to prevent upset stomach.
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Long term use may lead to serious complications such as stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- Do not take indigestion remedies (antacids) within two hours of taking Dexketoprofen.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Dexketoprofen as it can increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart disease or stroke.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function, liver function and levels of blood components if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.