Information about Dexketoprofen
Dexketoprofen is used for pain relief. It relieves pain and inflammation in conditions like muscle pain, period pain and toothache.
How dexketoprofen works
Dexketoprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of dexketoprofen
Vomiting, Nausea, Stomach pain, Indigestion, Heartburn
Available Medicine for Dexketoprofen
- ₹27 to ₹133Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹116Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹75Zuventus Healthcare Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹95Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹106Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dexketoprofen
- You have been prescribed Dexketoprofen to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Take it with food or milk to prevent upset stomach.
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Long term use may lead to serious complications such as stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- Do not take indigestion remedies (antacids) within two hours of taking Dexketoprofen.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Dexketoprofen as it can increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart disease or stroke.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function, liver function and levels of blood components if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Dexketoprofen
Q. What is dexketoprofen trometamol 25 mg/ what is dexketoprofen/ dexketoprofen trometamol used for/ does dexketoprofen contain ibuprofen?
Dexketoprofen/ dexketoprofen trometamol is a propionic acid derivative belonging to a class of medications called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is used in the treatment of mild to moderate pain such as such as muscular pain, painful periods (dysmenorrhoea) and toothache. No, it does not contain ibuprofen
Q. How does dexketoprofen work?
Dexketoprofen inhibits certain chemicals in the body that control inflammation and pain production, thereby, providing relief
Q. Can I take paracetomol with dexketoprofen?
Dexketoprofen should be avoided with other anti-inflammatory drugs. Consult your doctor before taking paracetomol along with dexketoprofen.