food interaction for PROVANOL
alcohol interaction for PROVANOL
pregnancy interaction for PROVANOL
lactation interaction for PROVANOL
medicine interaction for PROVANOL
Avoid Provanol 20 mg tablet with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PROVANOL
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR PROVANOL 20 MG TABLET
Patients taking PROVANOL 20 MG TABLET
- 79%Twice A Day
- 21%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR PROVANOL
- CIPLAR LA 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 2.35/tabletRs. 23.50same price
- BETACAP 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.50/tabletRs. 25pay 6% more per tablet
- NORTEN 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Baroda Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 2.13/tabletRs. 21.26save 10% more per tablet
- PROLOL 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Crescent Therapeutics LtdRs. 2.20/tabletRs. 22save 6% more per tablet
- PONOL 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Shine Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.18/tabletRs. 21.80save 7% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR PROVANOL
- Propranolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Propranolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Propranolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Propranolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions FOR PROVANOL
Q. What is betacap tr, inderal, and ciplar?
These are various brand (proprietary) names for propranolol medicine. Propranolol is a beta blocker drug which works to correct the heart rhythm
Q. Is propranolol safe?
Propranolol belongs to beta blocker class and works on heart rhythm so caution has to be observed before usage. Always ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking propranolol. Propranolol is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is propranolol addictive?
No. Propranolol doesn’t seem to have habit forming potential
Q. Is propranolol MAO inhibitor or a statin?
No. Propranolol belongs to a medical class called beta blockers and works to correct abnormal heart rhythm along with other uses
Q. Is propranolol safe for long term use?
Yes, it can be used for long term based on indication
Q. Is propranolol available over the counter?
No. Propranolol is available only when a valid prescription is produced
Q. Is propranolol used to treat anxiety?
Yes. Propranolol can be used to mitigate tremors associated with the anxiety
Q. Is propranolol used for migraines?
In certain situations, propranolol has proved to be effective in preventing migraine attacks but additional data is required to support this usage.