Medicine Overview of Propeg Injection
How to use Propeg Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Propeg Injection works
Propeg 100mg injection is a progestin (female hormones). It works as part of hormone replacement therapy by replacing the amount of oestrogen in the uterus. It works to bring on menstruation by replacing the natural progesterone that some women are missing.
In Depth Information on Propeg Injection
Expert advice for Propeg Injection
- Swallow each tablet whole. Take your tablets at the same time each day. Treatment may be required for 8 to 10 weeks before any effect can be found.
- Do not take medroxyprogesterone If you are hypersensitive (allergic) to medroxyprogesterone or other similar hormone medicines or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Avoid smoking while you are taking this medicine. Smoking greatly increases your risk of blood clots.
- This medicine can pass into body fluids (including urine, feces, vomit, semen, vaginal fluid). Patients and caregivers should wear rubber gloves while cleaning up body fluids, handling contaminated trash or laundry or changing diapers. Wash hands before and after removing gloves. Wash soiled clothing and linens separately from other laundry.
- Body fluids should not be handled by a woman who is pregnant or who may become pregnant. Use condoms during sexual activity to avoid exposure to body fluids.
- Avoid becoming pregnant while being treated with medroxyprogesterone.
Special precautions for Propeg 100mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Propeg 100mg Injection is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Propeg 100mg Injection should be used with caution during la+more
ctation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Propeg 100mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tire+more
d, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
There is limited information available on the use of Propeg+more
100mg Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Propeg 100mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Medroxyprogesterone
Propeg contains medroxyprogesterone which is a synthetic, steroid hormone, similar to but not same as progesterone, so, it is a non-bio-identical hormone.
Q. Can I take Propeg with paracetamol (acetaminophen)?
Propeg can be taken with paracetamol (acetaminophen). No drug-drug interactions have been reported between the two. However, interactions can occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.
Propeg prevents follicular maturation and stops ovulation.
Yes, like any other medicine, Propeg has an expiry date and should not be used beyond the date mentioned on the package.
Yes, Propeg can be used as a contraceptive, a birth control pill. However, it should be used only when advised by your doctor.
Propeg is safe if used in doses as prescribed by your gynecologist or physician for a prescribed duration.
Propeg can cause prolonged bleeding when used immediately after delivery or termination of pregnancy. Please consult your physician if you are experiencing prolonged bleeding while taking Propeg.
Propeg does not make you sleepy, rather it causes insomnia (inability to sleep), which is an uncommon side effect with its use. In case you feel sleepy while taking this medicine, please consult your doctor.
Yes, weight gain is a very common side effect of Propeg. Please consult your physician if you are experiencing weight gain while taking Propeg.
Yes, acne is a common side effect seen with the use of Propeg. Please consult your gynecologist or physician if you have acne while taking Propeg.
No, constipation has not been reported as a side effect with Propeg. Please discuss with your physician if you experience constipation while taking Propeg.
Yes, Propeg is used as a contraceptive (birth control pill) to avoid pregnancy. It should not be used during pregnancy, either for diagnosis or therapy.
Propeg itself is a birth control pill. Please consult your gynecologist or physician before taking it with other birth control pills.
Q. Can I take Propeg with ibuprofen?
Propeg can be taken with ibuprofen. No drug-drug interactions have been reported between the two. However, interactions can occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.
Substitutes for Propeg
No substitutes found for this medicine