food interaction for PRAXIS
alcohol interaction for PRAXIS
pregnancy interaction for PRAXIS
lactation interaction for PRAXIS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PRAXIS
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PRAXIS
- VALDIXX 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 32.50/ML of injectionRs. 65save 51% more per ML of injection
- VALDIN P 40MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 67.60/injectionRs. 67.60pay 2% more per injection
- VALTO P 40MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 66.25/injectionRs. 66.25same price
- SUPERIN 40MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 65.66/injectionRs. 65.66save 1% more per injection
- PAROXIB 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 33.33/ML of injectionRs. 66.65save 50% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajiva GuptaMBBS, DNB, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Indrajit AgrawalMBBS, MD, Fellowship
Expert advice for PRAXIS
- Parecoxib can make you dizzy, it is advised not to drive or use heavy machinery until you feel better.
- Do not take parecoxib and consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical condition: bleeding, ulcer or perforation of gastrointestinal tract, diabetes, angina (chest pain), blood clots, fever, raised cholesterol, high blood pressure, fluid retention (edema), liver or kidney disease.
- Avoid smoking while on parecoxib treatment.
- Do not start parecoxib and consult your doctor if you are dehydrated or unable to drink fluids, are planning to become pregnant or are ?6 months pregnant.
- Stop taking parecoxib if you suffer from rash or ulceration in any part of body or suffer from allergic reaction (difficulty breathing, skin rash, swelling of tongue, face or lips which may lead to wheezing), blistering or peeling of skin, jaundice, or if you have signs of stomach or intestinal bleeding (vomiting blood or passing a black or blood stained stool).
Frequently asked questions for PRAXIS
Q.What is parecoxib used for?
Parecoxib is used in adults for short term treatment of pain after surgery
Q.How does parecoxib work?
Parecoxib belongs to class of medications called cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors. It works by inhibiting the enzyme COX-2 that reduces the formation of chemicals called prostaglandins in the body, thereby reducing pain and inflammation.