Information about Parecoxib
Parecoxib is used in osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, arthralgia, myalgia, pain during menstruation and post operative pain.
How parecoxib works
Parecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) called COX-2 inhibitors. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that are responsible pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of parecoxib
Abdominal pain, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Edema, Heartburn, Gastritis, Increased blood pressure, Dizziness, Palpitations, Constipation, Flatulence, Dyspepsia, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Parecoxib
- ₹66Abbott India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹66Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹66Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹65Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹67Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹65Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹66Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Parecoxib
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Parecoxib may cause fewer stomach problems as compared with other NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
- It can also affect kidneys or cause permanent kidney damage if taken for a long time.
- Parecoxib can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Parecoxib
Q. What is parecoxib used for?
Parecoxib is used in adults for short term treatment of pain after surgery
Q. How does parecoxib work?
Parecoxib belongs to class of medications called cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors. It works by inhibiting the enzyme COX-2 that reduces the formation of chemicals called prostaglandins in the body, thereby reducing pain and inflammation.