Information about Parecoxib
Parecoxib is used for pain relief.
How Parecoxib works
Parecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) called COX-2 inhibitors. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of Parecoxib
Flu-like symptoms, Indigestion, Peripheral edema
Available Medicine for Parecoxib
ProcrevalSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
ParoxibIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
PraxisPraxis Health Care
₹50 to ₹6004 variant(s)
Valdin POrchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd
SuperinNeon Laboratories Ltd
Valus PGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Revaldo PZydus Cadila
Expert advice for Parecoxib
- Parecoxib helps relieve pain and inflammation.
- It may cause fewer stomach problems as compared to other NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
- It may cause dizziness and fatigue. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Regularly monitor your blood pressure while taking this medicine, particularly in the first two weeks after starting treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of stomach ulcers, heart diseases, high blood pressure, and liver or kidney disease.
- During long-term treatment, your doctor may want to take regular blood tests to monitor your liver function.
- Do not take Parecoxib if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.