Medicine Overview of Placidin Tablet XR
Side effects of Placidin Tablet XR
Headache, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dizziness, Decreased haemoglobin level in blood, Weight gain, Increased triglyceride level in blood.
How to use Placidin Tablet XR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Placidin 400mg Tablet XR empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Placidin Tablet XR works
Placidin 400mg tablet xr is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts.
In Depth Information on Placidin Tablet XR
Expert advice for Placidin Tablet XR
- Do not take quetiapine if you have allergy to quetiapine or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do check your weight at regular intervals as quetiapine is known to cause weight gain.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines unless you know how quetiapine affect you; this is because quetiapine is known cause sleepiness.
- Do not stop quetiapine abruptly; do inform your doctor as he/she would decide and reduce the dose gradually for 1 to 2 weeks before stopping.
- Do get your blood checked at regular intervals, as suggested by your doctor, as many of the side-effects of quetiapine are noted only when a blood test is done.
- Do inform your doctor if you are going for urine drug screening. This is because your urine may cause positive results for methadone or certain drugs for depression called tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) when some test methods are used, even though you may not be taking methadone or TCAs. Hence, a different test method may be used for you.
- Take special precaution if you suffer from have ever suffered any brain damage or coma, epilepsy or convulsions; muscle weakness (a disease called myasthenia gravis).
- Take special precaution while taking quetiapine if you observe symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a combination of fever, severe muscle stiffness, sweating or a lowered level of consciousness); long-lasting and painful erection (priapism); uncontrollable movements (mainly of your face or tongue), fits, suicidal thoughts, or dizziness.
- Quetiapine is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Special precautions for Placidin 400mg Tablet XR
Placidin 400mg Tablet XR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Placidin 400mg Tablet XR may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Placidin 400mg Tablet XR is probably usafe to use during lac+more
tation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Placidin 400mg Tablet XR may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, ti+more
red, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Placidin 400mg Tablet XR is probably safe to use in patients+more
with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Placidin 400mg Tablet XR may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Placidin 400mg Tablet XR should be used with caution in pati+more
ents with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Placidin 400mg Tablet XR may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Zathrin Redimix Suspension
Frequently asked questions for Placidin 400mg Tablet XR
Frequently asked questions for Quetiapine
Q. Can I take Seroquel for sleep/ anxiety?
No, Seroquel is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, mania, depression associated with bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder
Q. Can I take Seroquel forever?
No, you should take Seroquel as prescribed your doctor
Yes, Seroquel is the trade name for the active ingredient Placidin
Placidin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
No, Placidin is not a narcotic/ Benzo/ Benzodiazepine; it belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent
Placidin is not a sedative drug; however, sedation is a known side effect of this drug
No, Placidin is not an addictive drug
No, Placidin belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent.
Substitutes for Placidin Tablet XR
Q-Mind 400mg Tablet SR
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Quel 400mg Tablet SR
Ipca Laboratories Ltd
Q Pin 400mg Tablet SR
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Qutipin 400mg Tablet SR
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Qutan 400mg Tablet SR
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd