Medicine Overview of Pilomin Injection
Uses of Pilomin Injection
Pilomin 0.5% Injection is used in the treatment of dry mouth after radiotherapy of head and neck cancer.
Side effects of Pilomin Injection
Headache, Sweating, Frequent urge to urinate, Flu-like symptoms.
How to use Pilomin Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Pilomin Injection works
Pilomin 0.5% injection works by increasing the secretion of saliva in the mouth.
In Depth Information on Pilomin Injection
Expert advice for Pilomin Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have eye inflammation, suffer from asthma, liver, kidney or heart diseases, Parkinson’s disease, stomach ulcer, have problems in passing urine, high blood pressure, narrow angle glaucoma (increased eyeball pressure due to obstruction to the outflow of fluid).
- Drink sufficient water to reduce dehydration due to excessive sweating caused by pilocarpine.
- The back layer of your eye (fundus) may be examined before starting pilocarpine therapy.
- You may be regularly monitored for visual fields and intra-ocular pressure on long term therapy with pilocarpine for glaucoma.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as pilocarpine causes dizziness and blurring of vision especially in the night.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Special precautions for Pilomin 0.5% Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Pilomin 0.5% Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Pilomin 0.5% Injection is safe to use during lactation. Hum+more
an studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Pilomin 0.5% Injection may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or af+more
fect your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
There is limited information available on the use of Pilomin+more
0.5% Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Pilocarpine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Pilomin 0.5% Injection
Frequently asked questions for Pilocarpine
Pilomin can decrease the heart rate. However, it does not increase the heart rate
Pilomin increases blood pressure. However, no clinically relevant effect on weight has been reported with the use of Pilomin
Yes, Pilomin helps dry eyes by increasing the production of tears
Pilomin acts by increasing the activity of chemical acetylcholine, thereby, increasing the secretion from various glands including salivary glands and tear glands. Due to its cholinergic effect, it also constricts the pupil of the eye and improves the outflow of aqueous humor (fluid in within the eye) contributing to reduction in eyeball pressure
Yes, Pilomin causes blurred vision. But it does not cause hair loss
Pilomin decreases heart rate by increasing the effect of a chemical called as acetylcholine
Pilomin lowers intraocular pressure by constricting the ciliary muscle of the eyes, therefore increasing the outflow of fluid (aqueous humor) from posterior part of the eye.
Substitutes for Pilomin Injection
Carpine 0.5% Injection
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹15.0/ml of Injection