food interaction for PEZO
alcohol interaction for PEZO
pregnancy interaction for PEZO
lactation interaction for PEZO
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PEZO
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PEZO
- OMEZ 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 10.85/tabletRs. 108.50pay 306% more per tablet
- OMEZ FF 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 10.60/tabletRs. 106pay 297% more per tablet
- PROZOL 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 6/tabletRs. 60pay 125% more per tablet
- ULCURE 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Radicura Pharma pvt ltdRs. 2.38/tabletRs. 23.81save 11% more per tablet
- PEPTIZOLE 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)S R PharmaceuticalsRs. 3.92/tabletRs. 39.18pay 47% more per tablet
- Dr. Khalid J. FarooquiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Jasjeet Singh WasirMBBS, MD
- Dr. Dheeraj KapoorMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sunil Kumar MishraMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for PEZO
- Take Omeprazole immediately before a meal, preferably in the morning.
- Take Omeprazole for the entire duration of the treatment, even if you begin to feel better.
- Get a blood test done to know the magnesium level in your body once a year; you may need a magnesium supplement while using the Omeprazole,as a long-term treatment.
- Long-term use of the Omeprazole can cause weak or broken bones.
- Avoid using clopidogrel (blood thinner) with Omeprazole.
Frequently asked questions for PEZO
Q.Is omeprazole the same as Prilosec/Omez/Omezol or Ocid?
Yes. These are the brand names for omeprazole
Q.What is omez?
Omez contains omeprazole. It is a proton pump inhibitor which suppresses acid production in stomach. It is not antacid which reacts and neutralizes acid. It is not an antibiotic as it does not kill bacteria
Q.Is omeprazole gluten free?
Yes. Omeprazole is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is omeprazole available over the counter?
Omeprazole although available over the counter, it should be taken only on doctor’s advice
Q.Can I take omeprazole for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), or nausea?
Omeprazole can be used for nausea or other gastric acidity related problems. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition and before taking the drug
Q.Can I take omeprazole forever?
No. Long term use of omeprazole increases the risk of wrists, hips, or spine fracture
Q.Can I take omeprazole with ranitidine, paracetamol, doxycycline, or metronidazole?
Yes. You can take omeprazole with ranitidine, paracetamol, doxycycline, or metronidazole
Q.Can I take omeprazole with Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium), or Tums (calcium supplements)?
Yes. You can take omeprazole with Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium), or Tums (calcium supplements)
Q.Does omeprazole cause weight gain?
Omeprazole may cause weight gain. Please consult your doctor if you are experiencing the same.