Information about Omeprazole
How Omeprazole works
Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of Omeprazole
Diarrhea, Flatulence, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain
Available Medicine for Omeprazole
OmezDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹13 to ₹1036 variant(s)
₹39 to ₹1226 variant(s)
Ocid IVZydus Cadila
Omez FFDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹54 to ₹912 variant(s)
OskarMankind Pharma Ltd
OmesecSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
OmicapMicro Labs Ltd
₹50 to ₹543 variant(s)
OmefolLeeford Healthcare Ltd
BiocidBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹24 to ₹292 variant(s)
OmetabIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹33 to ₹392 variant(s)
Expert advice for Omeprazole
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Some healthy tips to prevent acidity from happening:
- Avoid excessive intake of carbonated beverages/soft drinks, citrus juices, fried food, caffeinated beverages like tea and coffee.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid eating late at night or before bedtime.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking it for 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problem that needs attention.
- Long-term use of Omeprazole can cause weak bones and a deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking medication without talking to your doctor.
- Consult your doctor right away if you develop decreased urination, edema (swelling due to fluid retention), lower back pain, nausea, fatigue, and rash or fever. These could be signs of a kidney problem.