food interaction for PAROXIB
alcohol interaction for PAROXIB
pregnancy interaction for PAROXIB
lactation interaction for PAROXIB
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PAROXIB
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PAROXIB
- VALDIXX 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 32.50/ML of injectionRs. 65save 2% more per ML of injection
- PRAXIS 40MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 66/injectionRs. 66pay 98% more per injection
- VALDIN P 40MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 67.60/injectionRs. 67.60pay 103% more per injection
- VALTO P 40MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 66.25/injectionRs. 66.25pay 99% more per injection
- SUPERIN 40MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 65.66/injectionRs. 65.66pay 97% more per injection
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Rajiva GuptaMBBS, DNB, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Divya AgarwalMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Rajkumari Bhagati DarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
Expert advice for PAROXIB
- Parecoxib can make you dizzy, it is advised not to drive or use heavy machinery until you feel better.
- Do not take parecoxib and consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical condition: bleeding, ulcer or perforation of gastrointestinal tract, diabetes, angina (chest pain), blood clots, fever, raised cholesterol, high blood pressure, fluid retention (edema), liver or kidney disease.
- Avoid smoking while on parecoxib treatment.
- Do not start parecoxib and consult your doctor if you are dehydrated or unable to drink fluids, are planning to become pregnant or are ?6 months pregnant.
- Stop taking parecoxib if you suffer from rash or ulceration in any part of body or suffer from allergic reaction (difficulty breathing, skin rash, swelling of tongue, face or lips which may lead to wheezing), blistering or peeling of skin, jaundice, or if you have signs of stomach or intestinal bleeding (vomiting blood or passing a black or blood stained stool).
Frequently asked questions for PAROXIB
Q.What is parecoxib used for?
Parecoxib is used in adults for short term treatment of pain after surgery
Q.How does parecoxib work?
Parecoxib belongs to class of medications called cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors. It works by inhibiting the enzyme COX-2 that reduces the formation of chemicals called prostaglandins in the body, thereby reducing pain and inflammation.