food interaction for PANTRU
alcohol interaction for PANTRU
pregnancy interaction for PANTRU
lactation interaction for PANTRU
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PANTRU
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PANTRU
- PANTOCID 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.70/tabletRs. 57pay 102% more per tablet
- PANTOP 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.91/tabletRs. 49.10pay 74% more per tablet
- PANTODAC 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 7.92/tabletRs. 79.20pay 180% more per tablet
- PANPURE 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.85/tabletRs. 68.50pay 142% more per tablet
- ZOSECTA 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.35/tabletRs. 93.50pay 231% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for PANTRU
- Get a blood test done to know the magnesium level in your body once a year; you may need a magnesium supplement while using the Pantoprazole,as a long-term treatment.
- Long-term use of the Pantoprazole can cause weak or broken bones.
- Take Pantoprazole immediately before a meal, preferably in the morning.
- Take Pantoprazole for the entire duration of the treatment, even if you begin to feel better.
Frequently asked questions for PANTRU
Q.Is pantoprazole safe?
Pantoprazole is relatively safe if taken in prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is Pantocid 20/Pantocid 40/Pantosec/ Pantium used for?
Pantocid (20 or 40 mg)/Pantosec/Pantium are various brands of pantoprazole available and used for the same indications as pantoprazole
Q.Can I take pantoprazole with other medications?
It is safe to take other medications with pantoprazole if prescribed by your doctor. However, it should not be taken with ketoconazole and other anti-fungals, warfarin, atazanavir and erlotinib
Q.Does pantoprazole cause weight gain, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache?
Pantoprazole may cause weight changes, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache. If you notice such symptoms, consult your doctor
Q.Is pantoprazole an antacid?
No, pantoprazole is not an antacid. It reduces the production of acid in stomach, while antacids neutralize the acids present in stomach
Q.Is pantoprazole gluten free?
Yes. Pantoprazole is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.