food interaction for NIRNORF TZ
alcohol interaction for NIRNORF TZ
pregnancy interaction for NIRNORF TZ
lactation interaction for NIRNORF TZ
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NIRNORF TZ
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR NIRNORF TZ
- NORFLOT TZ 400MG/600MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Natco Pharma LtdRs. 6.67/tabletRs. 66.75pay 256% more per tablet
- NORFLOX TZ LB 400 MG/600 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 6.36/tabletRs. 63.57pay 239% more per tablet
- RENOR TI 400 MG/600 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Veritaz Healthcare LtdRs. 5.65/tabletRs. 56.46pay 201% more per tablet
- T FLOX 400MG/600MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)BestoChem Formulations India LtdRs. 7.33/tabletRs. 73.33pay 291% more per tablet
- TINDIFLOX 400MG/600MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Kontest Chemicals LtdRs. 8.62/tabletRs. 86.25pay 360% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR NIRNORF TZ
- Avoid norfloxacin if you have known history of muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis). It may further increase the muscle weakness.
- Do not drink or eat a lot of caffeine-containing products such as coffee, tea, energy drinks, cola, or chocolate -may increase nervousness, sleeplessness, heart pounding, and anxiety.
- Drink plenty of water or other fluids every day while you are taking norfloxacin.
- Do not start or continue the norfloxacin and consult your doctor if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances.
- Avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet light (tanning beds and sunlamps) and to wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Norfloxacin may make your skin sensitive to sunlight or ultraviolet light. If your skin becomes reddened, swollen, or blistered, consult your doctor.
- Take norfloxacin at least one hour before or at least two hours after taking antacids (aluminum or magnesium hydroxide), didanosine, sucralfate, supplements or multivitamins that contain iron or zinc, meal or ingestion of milk and/or other dairy products.
- Norfloxacin can cause dizziness and light-headedness and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
- Norfloxacin is associated with an increased risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture. it should be used carefully in patients over 60 years of age, in patients taking steroids corticosteroid drugs, in patients with kidney, heart or lung transplants to minimize this risk.
Frequently asked questions FOR NIRNORF TZ
Q. Is norfloxacin/ norflox tz/ norflox 400/ norilet/ norilet 400 same as ciprofloxacin?
No, however they belong to same class of medication called as fluoroquinolones and act by same mechanism but differ in absorption, metabolism and excretion
Q. Is norfloxacin/ norflox tz/ norflox 400/ norilet/ norilet 400 same as penicillin/broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, they belong to same class of medication called as fluoroquinolones and they act by different mechanism
Q. Is norfloxacin/ norflox tz/ norflox 400/ norilet/ norilet 400 used for treatment of diarrhea and UTI?
Yes, however it depends on microorganism involved and effectiveness. Always consult your doctor on this regards
Q. Is norfloxacin sulfa based / a penicillin/ an antibiotic?
No. Norfloxacin belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha.
Q. Is tinidazole or Fasigyn an antibiotic/sulfa drug?
Tinidazole is an antibiotic/anti-protozoal/anti-amoebic drug. It is not a sulfa drug
Q. Is tinidazole available or sold over the counter?
No. Tinidazole is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. Is tinidazole the same as metronidazole/Flagyl?
Tinidazole is different from metronidazole (also called as Flagyl). However, both of them belong to the same class of drugs
Q. Is tinidazole/Fasigyn safe?
Yes. Tinidazole is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. What are Tiniba and Fasigyn used for?
Tiniba and Fasigyn are brand names of tinidazole available in the market. They are used for the same indications as tinidazole
Q. Can I take tinidazole with fluconazole/Tylenol/ibuprofen?
Tinidazole can be taken with fluconazole/Tylenol (paracetamol)/ibuprofen only if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does tinidazole cure bacterial vaginosis and UTI?
Tinidazole is effective in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis. But it is not used for treatment of UTI
Q. Does tinidazole cause yeast infections/diarrhea/cancer?
Prolonged use of tinidazole may cause candida or yeast infections. There is no evidence of tinidazole causing cancer. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does tinidazole treat Chlamydial or urinary tract infections?
Yes. Tinidazole is used to treat Chlamydial infections, but is not effective for treating a urinary tract infection
Q. Does tinidazole affect birth control?
There is no evidence of tinidazole affecting birth control. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking tinidazole.