food interaction for NIMODIP
alcohol interaction for NIMODIP
pregnancy interaction for NIMODIP
lactation interaction for NIMODIP
medicine interaction for NIMODIP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NIMODIP
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR NIMODIP 30 MG TABLET
Patients taking NIMODIP 30 MG TABLET
- 50%Thrice A Day
- 25%Once A Week
- 13%Alternate Day
- 13%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR NIMODIP
- NIMOCER 30MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 14.10/tabletRs. 141save 3% more per tablet
- NIMODEC 30 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 8.90/tabletRs. 89save 39% more per tablet
- VASOTOP 30MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 6/tabletRs. 60save 59% more per tablet
- NIMPOD 30MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.09/tabletRs. 90.91save 38% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR NIMODIP
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Nimodipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Nimodipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Nimodipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Nimodipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions FOR NIMODIP
Q. How does nimodipine work/prevent vasospasm?
Nimodipine relaxes and widens the blood vessels so that blood can flow easily through them thereby improving the blood supply to the brain, and preventing vasospasm (reflex narrowing of blood vessels caused by bleeding)
Q. What is nimodipine?
Nimodipine is used to prevent further damage to/changes in brain function after subarachnoid haemorrhage (bleeding around the brain).