food interaction for NEPOCIL
alcohol interaction for NEPOCIL
pregnancy interaction for NEPOCIL
lactation interaction for NEPOCIL
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NEPOCIL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR NEPOCIL
- ROSCILLIN 500MG CAPSULE(8 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.50/capsuleRs. 43.96pay 6% more per capsule
- BROADICILIN 500 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 5.50/capsuleRs. 54.96pay 6% more per capsule
- ZYCILLIN 500 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 3/capsuleRs. 30save 42% more per capsule
- AMPILIN 500MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 5.50/capsuleRs. 55pay 6% more per capsule
- AMPILIN 500MG CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 5.74/capsuleRs. 86.06pay 10% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR NEPOCIL
- Do not take ampicillin with food or milk.
- Do not start or continue the ampicillin suspension/capsule and consult your doctor if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ampicillin, penicillin, cephalosporin, any other antibiotic of this class or any other ingredient of suspension/capsule.
- Do not start or continue the ampicillin suspension/capsule and consult your doctor if you suffer from liver problems ar diabetes.
Frequently asked questions FOR NEPOCIL
Q. Is ampicillin/Megapen a prodrug?
No, ampicillin is not a prodrug
Q. Is ampicillin and amoxicillin the same?
Ampicillin and amoxicillin belongs to the same group of penicillin antibiotics, but differ slightly in their uses
Q. Is ampicillin a cephalosporin?
Ampicillin is not a cephalosporin
Q. Is ampicillin light-sensitive?
Yes, ampicillin is light sensitive it should be kept away from sunlight
Q. Can I take ampicillin for strep throat, tooth infection, sore throat, chlamydial and bacterial vaginitis?
Ampicillin can be used to treat strep throat, tooth infection, sore throat, bacterial vaginitis
Q. Does ampicillin cover anaerobes, listeria?
Ampicillin is used for infections caused by anaerobes and listeria. It is not typically used to treat chlamydia
Q. Can I take ampicillin with Advil (ibuprofen), Tylenol (paracetamol) and Benadryl?
Ampicillin can be taken with paracetamol and Benadryl. Ampicillin when taken with ibuprofen may increase the effects of either drug.