Information about Pemetrexed
Pemetrexed is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer and malignant pleural mesothelioma.
How pemetrexed works
Pemetrexed interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
Common side effects of pemetrexed
Nausea, Vomiting, Pharyngitis, Loss of appetite, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Hair loss, Low blood platelets, Rash, Fatigue, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Diarrhea, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Neuropathy
Available Medicine for Pemetrexed
- ₹936 to ₹3225Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹1378 to ₹5124Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹6000 to ₹30000Eli Lilly and Company India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹740 to ₹2746Panacea Biotec Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹916 to ₹2443Natco Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1014 to ₹2673Hetero Drugs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1344 to ₹5468Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5076 to ₹21996Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹1034 to ₹3431Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1050 to ₹4690Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pemetrexed
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of infection such as fever, sore throat, rash or severe diarrhea.
Frequently asked questions for Pemetrexed
Q. Is Pemetrexed a vesicant?
No. Pemetrexed is not a vesicant
Q. Is Pemetrexed a chemotherapy/ cytotoxic?
Yes. Pemetrexed is chemotherapy and a cytotoxic drug
Q. Is Pemetrexed safe?
Pemetrexed is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does Pemetrexed cause hair loss?
Yes. Pemetrexed is a prescription chemotherapy medication and hair loss is one of the possible side effects.