Information about Pemetrexed
Pemetrexed is used in the treatment of ovarian cancer, head and neck cancer, cervical cancer, Testicular cancer., breast cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), blood cancer, lung cancer, bone cancer and urinary bladder cancer.
How pemetrexed works
Pemetrexed interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
Common side effects of pemetrexed
Nausea, Vomiting, Pharyngitis, Loss of appetite, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Rash, Fatigue, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Neuropathy
Available Medicine for Pemetrexed
- ₹4900 to ₹19800Natco Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5373 to ₹21215Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5000 to ₹20394Panacea Biotec Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5076 to ₹21996Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹2422 to ₹12786Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹6500 to ₹25500Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2000 to ₹8000Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1500 to ₹4500Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5400 to ₹22200Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹8500 to ₹27500Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pemetrexed
- You should always take vitamin B12, folic acid, and corticosteroids along with pemetrexed.
- Tell your doctor, if you have been recently vaccinated.
- Tell your doctor if you have heart disease or history of heart disease, kidney or liver disorder.
- Your blood samples will be evaluated to check kidney and liver function and blood cell count before each pemetrexed infusion.
- If you have had or are going to have radiation therapy, tell your doctor, as there may be an early or late radiation reaction with pemetrexed.
- Consult your doctor regarding contraception and ensure to use contraception when on treatment with Pemetrexed and up to 6 months thereafter.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may become pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Pemetrexed
Q. Is Pemetrexed a vesicant?
No. Pemetrexed is not a vesicant
Q. Is Pemetrexed a chemotherapy/ cytotoxic?
Yes. Pemetrexed is chemotherapy and a cytotoxic drug
Q. Is Pemetrexed safe?
Pemetrexed is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does Pemetrexed cause hair loss?
Yes. Pemetrexed is a prescription chemotherapy medication and hair loss is one of the possible side effects.