food interaction for N FLOX
alcohol interaction for N FLOX
pregnancy interaction for N FLOX
lactation interaction for N FLOX
medicine interaction for N FLOX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR N FLOX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR N FLOX
- NORFLOX 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 4.85/tabletRs. 48.49pay 304% more per tablet
- NORFLOX LB 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 4.85/tabletRs. 48.49pay 304% more per tablet
- NORMAX 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 4.90/tabletRs. 49pay 308% more per tablet
- NORILET 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 1.36/tabletRs. 13.60pay 13% more per tablet
- FLOX 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lark Laboratories LtdRs. 1.47/tabletRs. 14.67pay 22% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR N FLOX
- Avoid norfloxacin if you have known history of muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis). It may further increase the muscle weakness.
- Do not drink or eat a lot of caffeine-containing products such as coffee, tea, energy drinks, cola, or chocolate -may increase nervousness, sleeplessness, heart pounding, and anxiety.
- Drink plenty of water or other fluids every day while you are taking norfloxacin.
- Do not start or continue the norfloxacin and consult your doctor if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances.
- Avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet light (tanning beds and sunlamps) and to wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Norfloxacin may make your skin sensitive to sunlight or ultraviolet light. If your skin becomes reddened, swollen, or blistered, consult your doctor.
- Take norfloxacin at least one hour before or at least two hours after taking antacids (aluminum or magnesium hydroxide), didanosine, sucralfate, supplements or multivitamins that contain iron or zinc, meal or ingestion of milk and/or other dairy products.
- Norfloxacin can cause dizziness and light-headedness and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
- Norfloxacin is associated with an increased risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture. it should be used carefully in patients over 60 years of age, in patients taking steroids corticosteroid drugs, in patients with kidney, heart or lung transplants to minimize this risk.
Frequently asked questions FOR N FLOX
Q. Is norfloxacin/ norflox tz/ norflox 400/ norilet/ norilet 400 same as ciprofloxacin?
No, however they belong to same class of medication called as fluoroquinolones and act by same mechanism but differ in absorption, metabolism and excretion
Q. Is norfloxacin/ norflox tz/ norflox 400/ norilet/ norilet 400 same as penicillin/broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, they belong to same class of medication called as fluoroquinolones and they act by different mechanism
Q. Is norfloxacin/ norflox tz/ norflox 400/ norilet/ norilet 400 used for treatment of diarrhea and UTI?
Yes, however it depends on microorganism involved and effectiveness. Always consult your doctor on this regards
Q. Is norfloxacin sulfa based / a penicillin/ an antibiotic?
No. Norfloxacin belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha.