Medicine Overview of Mitotax Injection
Side effects of Mitotax Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Rash, Reduced blood platelets, Upper respiratory tract infection, Urinary tract infection, Bleeding, Anemia, Decreased blood pressure, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Hair loss, Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils).
How to use Mitotax Injection
How Mitotax Injection works
In Depth Information on Mitotax Injection
Expert advice for Mitotax Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems, liver problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow (myelosupression).
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe allergic reactions such as shortness of breath, irregular heart-beats, dizziness, swelling of face or rash; tingling, burning or numbness in finger or toes.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking radiation therapy of the lungs or if you have Kaposi’s sarcoma with a sore or inflamed mouth.
- Women on this therapy should use two methods of contraception and 3 months after it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child and 3 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as paclitaxel may cause some dizziness, nausea or tiredness.
- Paclitaxel is not recommended for children below 18 years.
- Ensure that you receive anti-allergic medication before the therapy to prevent any allergic response.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
As there is no reason why you cannot continue driving between courses of Mitotax 110mg Injection but you should remember that this medicine contains some alcohol and it may be unwise to drive
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease.
Use of Mitotax 110mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.