food interaction for MINILIP
alcohol interaction for MINILIP
pregnancy interaction for MINILIP
lactation interaction for MINILIP
Avoid Minilip 40 mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MINILIP
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for MINILIP 40 MG TABLET
Patients taking MINILIP 40 MG TABLET
- 67%Once A Day
- 33%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for MINILIP
- ATORVA 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 18.81/tabletRs. 188.06same price
- AZTOR 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 18.80/tabletRs. 188.05same price
- STORVAS 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 18.80/tabletRs. 188.05same price
- TONACT 40 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 18.80/tabletRs. 188same price
- ATORLIP 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 18.80/tabletRs. 188.05same price
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for MINILIP
- Take Atorvastatin only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Atorvastatin, it may worsen the adverse effects of this medicine on the liver.
- Notify your doctor if you experience unexplained muscle pain or weakness, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Do not take Niacin with Atorvastatin. Niacin may increase Atorvastatin's side effects on the muscles, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Notify the doctor that you are taking this medicine before undergoing any kind of surgery.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for MINILIP
Q.What is tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20?
Atorvastatin (also available as tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20) belong to group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels.
Q.Is atorvastatin same as simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is atorvastatin diuretic/ beta blocker/ ace inhibitor?
No. Atorvastatin belongs to class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor or statins
Q.It atorvastatin gluten free?
Yes. It is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is it a blood thinner?
No. it is a lipid lowering drug
Q.Is atorvastatin better than simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same category of medications with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.