food interaction for MEFQUE
alcohol interaction for MEFQUE
pregnancy interaction for MEFQUE
lactation interaction for MEFQUE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MEFQUE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MEFQUE
- MEFLOC 250MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 49.41/tabletRs. 197.62save 22% more per tablet
- MEFLOTAS TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 49.67/tabletRs. 99.35save 22% more per tablet
- LARIMEF TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 58.19/tabletRs. 349.14save 9% more per tablet
- MEFLIFE TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Leo PharmaceuticalsRs. 59.40/tabletRs. 118.80save 7% more per tablet
- FALCITAB 250MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 28.88/tabletRs. 173.25save 55% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for MEFQUE
- Consult your doctor before taking mefloquine if you have fits (seizures), any heart diseases or liver disorders.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience pain, burning, tingling, numbness in hands/feet and/or muscle weakness or problems in eyes or with vision after taking mefloquine.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while using mefloquine as it may cause dizziness and visual disturbances.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for MEFQUE
Q.Is mefloquine safe?
Yes. Mefloquine is safe if used at the prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is mefloquine safe for babies?
It is not recommended for use in babies below 3 months and weighing less than 5 kg
Q.Is mefloquine an antibiotic/ a quinolone/ does it contain sulphur or sulfa/ contain quinine?
No. Mefloquine is an antimalarial drug with activity against malaria causing parasites. It is a quinine antimalarial and does not contain sulphur/ sulfa or quinolone
Q.Is mefloquine the same as doxycycline/ chloroquine?
No. Mefloquine is not the same as doxycycline or chloroquine. All three drugs have different mechanism of action and indications
Q.How does mefloquine work?
Mefloquine is an antimalarial drug. It works by killing the malaria causing parasite by destroying the parasites at a crucial stage of development (asexual intraerythocytic stage)
Q.What does mefloquine treat?
Mefloquine is used in the prevention and treatment of malaria
Q.Does mefloquine cause insomnia?
Yes. Insomnia (difficulty falling asleep) is a common side effect of mefloquine treatment
Q.Is mefloquine safe for G6PD deficiency?
Yes. Studies have indicated that mefloquine is safe for use in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.