food interaction for MEF PLUS
alcohol interaction for MEF PLUS
pregnancy interaction for MEF PLUS
lactation interaction for MEF PLUS
medicine interaction for MEF PLUS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MEF PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR MEF PLUS
- MEFTAL 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 2.90/tabletRs. 29pay 1% more per tablet
- OSRA 500 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bennet Pharmaceuticals LimitedRs. 2/tabletRs. 20save 30% more per tablet
- ALMEFKEM 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 1.38/tabletRs. 13.75save 52% more per tablet
- MEFALTH 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.83/tabletRs. 18.27save 36% more per tablet
- MEFLUP 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 0.83/tabletRs. 8.26save 71% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR MEF PLUS
- Do not take mefenamic acid If you are allergic to it or other NSAIDs.
- Do not take this drug if you have a stomach ulcer or bleeding or had these conditions in the past.
- Please tell your doctor if you are taking or recently have taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Frequently asked questions FOR MEF PLUS
Q. Is mefenamic acid an antibiotic/ contain codeine?
No. Mefenamic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to treat mild to moderate pain conditions and fever. It not an antibiotic and does not contain codeine
Q. Is mefenamic acid a painkiller?
Yes. Mefenamic acid is mild to moderate painkiller drug
Q. Is mefenamic acid safe?
Mefenamic acid is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is mefenamic acid good for toothache/ for back pain/ headache?
Yes, mefenamic acid can be used to relieve dental pain, back pain and headache
Q. Does mefenamic acid stop periods/ stop bleeding?
Mefenamic acid is used for relieving pain that happens before or during a menstrual period. It does not stop periods or bleeding. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take mefenamic acid with naproxen/ paracetamol/ ibuprofen/ metronidazole/ withtramadol/ with tranexamic acid/ with sertraline/ amoxicillin?
Mefenamic acid may interact with the drugs mentioned above. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be require
Q. Does mefenamic acid make you drowsy?
Mefenamic acid has a rare side effect of causing drowsiness. Always consult your doctor, if you experience such side effects.