Information about Mefenamic Acid
Mefenamic Acid Uses
Mefenamic Acid is used for pain relief. It relieves pain in conditions like period pain, headache, muscle pain, joint pain or dental pain.
How Mefenamic Acid works
Mefenamic Acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of Mefenamic Acid
Nausea, Dizziness, Diarrhea, Drowsiness, Abdominal pain, Constipation, Flatulence, Dyspepsia, Dark colored stool, Hematemesis (vomiting blood), Ringing in ear
Available Medicine for Mefenamic Acid
MeftalBlue Cross Laboratories Ltd
₹23 to ₹375 variant(s)
Mefkind-PMankind Pharma Ltd
₹28 to ₹372 variant(s)
MefanormSerum Institute Of India Ltd
Ibuclin PDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹32 to ₹352 variant(s)
MefastZuventus Healthcare Ltd
RxmefVeritaz Healthcare Ltd
New ZydolJenburkt Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MefalginAnthus Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹18 to ₹252 variant(s)
LowmefCogniwell Pharmaceuticals Private Limited
Expert advice for Mefenamic Acid
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Mefenamic Acid can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.