food interaction for MACUGEN
alcohol interaction for MACUGEN
pregnancy interaction for MACUGEN
lactation interaction for MACUGEN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MACUGEN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MACUGENNo substitutes found
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
Expert advice for MACUGEN
- Consult your ophthalmologist immediately if the eye becomes red, sensitive to light, painful or develops a change in vision.
- Patients should not drive or use machines immediately after receiving pegaptanib intravitreal injection which may influence the driving ability.
- Before taking pegaptanib, inform you doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for MACUGEN
Q.What is pegaptanib sodium?
Pegaptanib injection belongs to a class of medications called vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) antagonists. Pegaptanib is mainly used for the treatment of exudative (wet) neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD, a disease of the eye that affects vision).