Medicine Overview of Macsoralen Lotion
Redness of skin, Blisters on skin, Edema (swelling), Itching.
This medicine is for external use only. Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Shake it well and apply to the area evenly. Macsoralen 10mg Lotion may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Macsoralen 10mg Lotion is used along with ultraviolet-A irradiation where it works by decreasing the number of cells the skin makes.
In Depth Information on Macsoralen Lotion
- Wear UVA-absorbing, wrap-around sunglasses and cover exposed skin or use a sunblock (SP 15 or higher) for the twenty-four (24) hour period following treatment with methoxsalen topical.
- Use extra caution for at least 48 hours following each treatment. After each treatment, cover your skin for at least 8 hours by wearing protective clothing.
- Do not increase the amount of methoxsalen topical if you are taking or spending extra time in the sunlight or under an ultraviolet lamp.
- You may have to undergo an eye examination before starting the treatment and also once a year thereafter.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to methoxsalen or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use by Children < 12 years.
- Do not use if you have a history of a light-sensitive conditions (e.g., albinism, lupus, porphyria, xeroderma pigmentosum).
- Do not use if you having aphakia (no lens in the eye).
- Do not use if you have a history of melanoma or certain other types of skin cancer.
Macsoralen Lotion related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Macsoralen 10mg Lotion is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Macsoralen 10mg Lotion is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
It is not known whether Macsoralen 10mg Lotion alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Macsoralen 10mg Lotion is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Macsoralen 10mg Lotion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Macsoralen 10mg Lotion is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Macsoralen 10mg Lotion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Macsoralen 10mg Lotion
What are you using Macsoralen Lotion for?
Survey Participants: 3
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Macsoralen 10mg Lotion. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Macsoralen Lotion
Q. What is methoxsalen topical used for?
Methoxsalen topical is used in addition to ultraviolet light (found in sunlight and some special lamps) for treatment of vitiligo (skin disease characterized by presence of white patches on different parts of the body), psoriasis (a skin condition associated with red, raised, itchy and scaly patches), and mycosis fungoides, a type of skin lymphoma.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Macsoralen 10mg Lotion: HGI, IAD, BGS, BHA, GPT, JSL, BLP, SYN, VRS, AGT, KMC, PEN, QLF, LMS, UMP, BSN, RUS, NVY, DZY, DAO, 9T9, JIV, WSI, SCH, CLT, VNS, LHA, SWP, PMA, EQN, KHC, 9MM, SHC, BHS, RWP, PPR, QTM, RHL, SRG, HNP, KNH, SVH, JVO, ENP, SBL, BLE, NXG, RPI, SWA, JBT, ZEL, HTS, BAP, TSS, DGN, RPP, RDR, BTM, HSP, PNT, OWP, UBL, BNA, AAY, TOM, SDM, CHP, SGH, ANT, SMN, BIO, BBS, GPP, SSA, THP, BAL, BHM, PTI, MMS, RHW, SWT, MBP, DHP, ANP, USF, TNH, EVP, GTK, WHL, ESY, GTC, HEX, DHR, SHD, RDH, HZF, NNH, VJS, UHP, EMB, MLC, 4IT, OLT, TRP, ABP, PWN, NAS, GBL, MDO, HPC, RJH, ATP, HIP, DLP, NDP, GNC, FGH, HBV, RSA, SAF, DFP, AMR, AAR, GHR, NNP, BLS, NVL, MPC, BDN, KHH, MAX, SJP, MKT, SLN, EAN, NSL, PRN, JHC, ATL, DVH, MAM, SPD, IPL, KAL, MAP, MAK, AYM, PRT, OHM, BBN, BHP, DPP, PVP, SVS, VDH, BMJ, SGC, NTB, SBA, MSD, ZVP, AVS, RSS, PLT, DYG, ADT, OIP, LCC, DPL, STA, TFP, ARD, PHN, AYU, HMP, EPS, KIS, ZPR, JVN, HAT, RKS, MDH, AWS