food interaction for LUPITAX
alcohol interaction for LUPITAX
pregnancy interaction for LUPITAX
lactation interaction for LUPITAX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR LUPITAX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR LUPITAX
- TAXIM 500 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 10.79/ML of injectionRs. 21.58save 33% more per ML of injection
- BIOTAX 500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 20.59/injectionRs. 20.59pay 28% more per injection
- OMNICEF 500MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 10.62/ML of injectionRs. 21.23save 34% more per ML of injection
- C TAX 500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 21/injectionRs. 21pay 31% more per injection
- GENCEF 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 49/injectionRs. 49pay 205% more per injection
Expert advice FOR LUPITAX
- Cefotaxime is usually given by a doctor or a nurse as an injection directly into the vein or muscle.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefotaxime.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking cefotaxime and undergoing urine glucose test or Coombs test, as it may affect the result.
- Do not start or continue cefotaxime if you have a kidney problem or diabetes.
- Avoid taking cefotaximeI if you are on a controlled sodium diet because drug contain sodium.
- Do not start or continue cefotaxime if you experience a widespread rash with blisters and peeling skin (these may be signs of Stevens-Johnson syndrome) or severe skin reaction to drugs (toxic epidermal necrolysis) or severe diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis).
- Do not take cefotaxime if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR LUPITAX
Q. Is cefotaxime a sulfa, penicillin or broad spectrum antibiotic?
Cefotaxime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a third generation, broad spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic
Q. Is cefotaxime compatible with potassium and TPN?
Yes, cefotaxime can be given with potassium and TPN (total parenteral nutrition)
Q. Is cefotaxime ototoxic (toxic to the ear)?
No, cefotaxime is not an ototoxic drug when given alone, but when given along with aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, tobramycin), it may increase ototoxicity
Q. Is cefotaxime bacteriostatic or bactericidal?
Cefotaxime is a bactericidal agent
Q. What organisms does cefotaxime cover?
Cefotaxime is active against Escherichia coli, group A and B streptococci, pseudomonas and staphylococcus bacteria. In some cases, Streptococcus pneumonia may show resistance to the drug. It may not be effective against methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).