Information about Cefotaxime
Cefotaxime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Cefotaxime works
Cefotaxime is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Cefotaxime
Nausea, Diarrhea, Allergic reaction, Rash, Injection site reaction
Available Medicine for Cefotaxime
TaximAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹17 to ₹798 variant(s)
BiotaxBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹13 to ₹374 variant(s)
C TaxZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹13 to ₹344 variant(s)
OmnicefAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹15 to ₹344 variant(s)
OminaxMapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹13 to ₹325 variant(s)
AuractVeritaz Healthcare Ltd
₹15 to ₹363 variant(s)
CefotaximElder Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹14 to ₹334 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefotaxime
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefotaxime to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection harder to treat.
- Discontinue Cefotaxime and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefotaxime as it may cause increased side effects.