food interaction for LUPIPLAX
alcohol interaction for LUPIPLAX
pregnancy interaction for LUPIPLAX
lactation interaction for LUPIPLAX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LUPIPLAX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LUPIPLAX
- DULCOFLEX 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Boehringer IngelheimRs. 0.98/tabletRs. 9.77save 7% more per tablet
- GERBISA 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.98/tabletRs. 9.77save 7% more per tablet
- JULAX 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Shreya Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 2.84/tabletRs. 28.36pay 170% more per tablet
- DULCOFLEX 5 MG TABLET(40 tablets in bottle)Boehringer IngelheimRs. 1.08/tabletRs. 43.33pay 3% more per tablet
- LAX 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Hema LaboratoriesRs. 1.08/tabletRs. 10.82pay 3% more per tablet
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for LUPIPLAX
- Together with Bisacodyl, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Avoid taking a Bisacodyl for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Take Bisacodyl after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- Bisacodyl should be preferably taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
Frequently asked questions for LUPIPLAX
Q.Is bisacodyl the same as Dulcolax, Colace?
Dulcolax is one of the trade names of bisacodyl. Colace is trade name of docusate. Bisacodyl and docusate belongs to same category of drugs (stool softener) with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is bisacodyl safe?
Bisacodyl is safe if used as recommended. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q.Is bisacodyl safe for long term use?
Long term use of bisacodyl is not recommended. Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Is bisacodyl over the counter?
Yes, bisacodyl is available over the counter
Q.Is bisacodyl gluten free?
Yes. Bisacodyl is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Does bisacodyl cause diarrhea, nausea, Melanosis coli, cancer, bloating?
Bisacodyl can cause diarrhea, nausea and bloating. Bisacodyl does not cause Melanosis coli (pigmentation of the colon wall) and cancer
Q.Does bisacodyl help lose weight?
Bisacodyl does not help to lose weight.