food interaction for LOVALIP
alcohol interaction for LOVALIP
pregnancy interaction for LOVALIP
lactation interaction for LOVALIP
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LOVALIP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LOVALIP
- STATIN 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Indica Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 1.98/tabletRs. 19.80save 74% more per tablet
- LOSTATIN 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 3.60/tabletRs. 35.96save 53% more per tablet
- LIPISTAT 10 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)RPG Life Sciences LtdRs. 4.38/tabletRs. 43.75save 43% more per tablet
- AZTATIN 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 3.48/tabletRs. 34.75save 55% more per tablet
- LOCHOL 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 2.56/tabletRs. 25.60save 67% more per tablet
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
Expert advice for LOVALIP
- Restrict eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol content. Lovastatin will be effective in lowering your cholesterol level if you follow a cholesterol-lowering diet plan.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop signs of: kidney problem, little or no urination, painful or difficult urination, swelling in feet or ankles, feeling tired or short of breath (or) liver problems, nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking lovastatin as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for LOVALIP
Q.Is lovastatin a blood thinner or a beta blocker or ACE inhibitor?
No, lovastatin is a statin (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitor
Q.How lovastatin works?
Lovastatin works by blocking an enzyme (HMG CoA) that is needed by the body to make cholesterol, and hence reduces the amount of cholesterol in the blood
Q.Is lovastatin safe or is lovastatin bad for you?
Yes. Lovastatin is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Is lovastatin the same as Lipitor (atorvastatin) or simvastatin or pravastatin?
No, although it belongs to same group of medications called statins
Q.Can I take lovastatin with ibuprofen or Tylenol?
No results found for any interaction of lovastatin with ibuprofen or Tylenol, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q.Can I take aspirin or niacin with lovastatin?
No, do not take aspirin or niacin with lovastatin, because they interact with each other
Q.Does lovastatin cause hair loss or dry mouth or weight gain or constipation?
No. Lovastatin does not cause hair loss or dry mouth or weight gain or constipation
Q.Does lovastatin cause diabetes or raised blood sugar?
No. Lovastatin does not cause diabetes or raised blood sugar
Q.Does lovastatin cause memory loss or headaches?
Yes, memory loss and headache are the side effects of lovastatin.