food interaction for LOTENSYL
alcohol interaction for LOTENSYL
pregnancy interaction for LOTENSYL
lactation interaction for LOTENSYL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LOTENSYL
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for LOTENSYL 10 MG TABLET
Patients taking LOTENSYL 10 MG TABLET
- 53%Twice A Day
- 38%Once A Day
- 5%Thrice A Day
- 2%Four Times A Day
- 1%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for LOTENSYL
- LEREZ 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.58/tabletRs. 35.83save 51% more per tablet
- LARPIN 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2.56/tabletRs. 25.65save 65% more per tablet
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
Expert advice for LOTENSYL
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Lercanidipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Lercanidipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Lercanidipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Lercanidipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions for LOTENSYL
Q.Is lercanidipine a beta blocker/ a diuretic/ a statin/ a calcium channel blocker?
Lercanidipine is a calcium channel blocker and not a beta blocker, a diuretic or a statin
Q.What is lercanidipine hydrochloride used for/ what is lercanidipine used for/ what is lercanidipine hydrochloride/ what is lercanidipine Sandoz?
Lercanidipine is used alone or in combination with an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor to treat to treat hypertension (high blood pressure), and chest pains associated with heart attack
Q.Is lercanidipine safe/ does lercanidipine cause ankle swelling/weight gain/ hair loss?
Lercanidipine is safe if taken at recommended dosage and duration. It may cause certain side effects such as ankle swelling. Always consult your doctor before its use
Q.How does lercanidipine hydrochloride work?
Lercanidipine hydrochloride relaxes and opens the blood vessels, allows free blood circulation in the body and thus reduces blood pressure
Q.Can i take ibuprofen with lercanidipine?
It is not known whether lercanidipine cause any drug reaction with ibuprofen, always consult your doctor before its use.