Information about Lercanidipine
Lercanidipine is used in the treatment of hypertension.
How lercanidipine works
Lercanidipine is a calcium channel blocker. It works by relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Common side effects of lercanidipine
Fatigue, Ankle swelling, Sleepiness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Palpitations, Edema, Abdominal pain
Available Medicine for Lercanidipine
- ₹79 to ₹127Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹35Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹51Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹68Piramal Healthcare Limited2 variant(s)
- ₹61Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lercanidipine
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if it worsens (for example, your blood pressure readings remain high or increase, chest pain continues or worsens).
- Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, fainting.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Lercanidipine
Q. Is lercanidipine a beta blocker/ a diuretic/ a statin/ a calcium channel blocker?
Lercanidipine is a calcium channel blocker and not a beta blocker, a diuretic or a statin
Q. What is lercanidipine hydrochloride used for/ what is lercanidipine used for/ what is lercanidipine hydrochloride/ what is lercanidipine Sandoz?
Lercanidipine is used alone or in combination with an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor to treat to treat hypertension (high blood pressure), and chest pains associated with heart attack
Q. Is lercanidipine safe/ does lercanidipine cause ankle swelling/weight gain/ hair loss?
Lercanidipine is safe if taken at recommended dosage and duration. It may cause certain side effects such as ankle swelling. Always consult your doctor before its use
Q. How does lercanidipine hydrochloride work?
Lercanidipine hydrochloride relaxes and opens the blood vessels, allows free blood circulation in the body and thus reduces blood pressure
Q. Can i take ibuprofen with lercanidipine?
It is not known whether lercanidipine cause any drug reaction with ibuprofen, always consult your doctor before its use.