Medicine Overview of Lochol Tablet
Side effects of Lochol Tablet
Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Allergic reaction, Headache, Nausea, Dyspepsia, Nasopharyngitis, Increased liver enzymes, Increased creatine phosphokinase (CPK) level in blood, Diarrhoea, Flatulence, Constipation, Joint swelling, Increased glucose level in blood.
How to use Lochol Tablet
How Lochol Tablet works
In Depth Information on Lochol Tablet
Expert advice for Lochol Tablet
- Take Lochol in the evening as cholesterol synthesis in liver is highest between midnight and 2:00 AM.
- Decreases bad cholesterol and triglycerides, and increases good cholesterol levels.
- Avoid taking more than 2 glasses of alcohol a day as it may increase the risk of liver damage.
- Avoid antacids for at least 2 hours before and after taking Lochol.
- Inform your doctor if you have sudden muscle pain, fever, weakness, dark urine or yellow colour in your eyes or skin.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease. Cautious dose adjustment is advised in patients with severe kidney disease.